Post 2: Finding relevant evidence using Just Mercy. Post (in about 200-250 useful words). Focus on how well the writer achieved the task.
Preparation: the notes for Choosing Evidence pdf.; The Quotation Process pdf.; Notes on Ways to Borrow; What NOT to do When Constructing Quotations; AND up to page 64 in Just Mercy.
Using evidence and support (like quotations) for your ideas is important to your academics and for you to be taken seriously in your job and in conversations with others. Practicing this is the focus of this discussion task.
Task: In the introduction to his novel, lawyer Bryan Stevenson asserts that “The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice” (17). What does he mean? Find one relevant, sufficient pieces of textual evidence from the novel from pages 3 – 64 (or beyond, if you have read more!) to illustrate “the opposite of poverty is justice.” Write a mini body paragraph. Use the quotation process: provide context, introduce, cite, and explain/connect quotation to the main idea.
For example, your post might look something (BUT NOT EXACTLY!)
In the introduction to his novel, Just Mercy, lawyer Bryan Stevenson asserts that “The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice” (17). What Stevenson means by this is . . . [explain in a well-written sentence of two]. Stevenson provides a number of examples that illustrate this idea. He points out . . . [use The Quotation Process to construct your quote!] Stevenson provides another example of how the opposite of poverty us justice when he says . . . . [use The Quotation Process to construct and cite your quote!] Have a closing sentence that ties back to topic sentence.
– how to annotate a text
– what is a paragraph
– essay structure
200-250 words 1 PAGE
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.