Contemporary Rep of Punishment
Punishing the Poor
– Chunn, Dorothy E., and Shelley A.M. Gavigan. 2014. “Welfare Fraud to Welfare as Fraud: The Criminalization of Poverty”. In Gillian Balfour and Elizabeth Comack (eds.). Criminalizing Women: Gender and (in)Justice in Neo-Liberal Times, Black Point, Winnipeg: Fernwood Publishing, pp. 197-214.
– Pollack, Shoshana. 2010. “Labelling Clients ‘Risky’: Social Work and the Neo-liberal Welfare State.” British Journal of Social Work 40: 1263–1278.
– Pivot Legal Society. 2018. “Testifying against harmful laws before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights”. https://www.pivotlegal.org/testifying_against_harmful_laws_before_the_house_of_commons_committee_on_justice_and_human_rights
Your final essay will provide an analysis of contemporary representations of punishment in everyday life and/or popular culture from western culture. Representations can include institutional productions and regulations of punishment and penalty (e.g., courts, corrections, policing, psychiatric institutions, long-term care, etc.), official governmental or non-governmental reports, media (such as news stories, TV series, movies, podcasts), and/or artistic or other cultural renditions related to contemporary representations of punishment. You may choose to focus on a particular theme or to include a variety of representations. This assignment is intended to provide you with the opportunity to engage with the course material in the present context, including in the communities in which we live.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.