Reply Post QuestionsChoose a classmate’s post to respond to that you learned something additional from. Specifically, how did your answers differ and what did your classmate include that you did not?What surprised you about this opinion or complaint?In reading the opinion or complaint, what were the easiest and most challenging parts to understand?In your opinion, is the legal relief awarded or sought fair? Why or why not?this is my friend’s post.TransUnion, a credit reporting company, had a feature that would use third party software that would match first and last name to a criminal database, and include it along with the credit report. The problem was, not all names are unique and many people were being marked as potential drug traffickers or terrorists on a credit report. The people affected sought compensation for the damages done to their reputation by false accusations of criminal activity.TransUnion violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act, made defamatory remarks, and failed to include a summary-of-rights along with the reports disseminated to the plaintiffs.The court relied on the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Article III (violation of personal rights), and Rule 23 of the Federal Procedures.For the claim that the false reporting of potential criminal activity, the court found that 1853 of the 6332 plaintiffs had suffered realized damage. For the claim that of not receiving a summary-of-rights, or a version that was not formatted correctly, the court found that there was not sufficient evidence to prove concrete damage done to the plaintiffs. A jury awarded each class member $984.22 in statuary damages, and $6353.08 in punitive damages.I do think that the relief awarded is fair, and believe that the court could have gone a step further and reprimanded the company TransUnion even further. They caused harm to people by falsely labeling them as potential terrorists or drug traffickers, and then sold that false information to third parties. In my mind, this is grounds for more than awarding the plaintiffs with damages.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.