PARAGRAPH FROM Annotated Bibliography :
Annotated Bibliography- For the annotated bibliography you should write approximately one paragraph on each source, explaining what the source is, where it is from, and what it contributes to your research
1. Acharya, Viral V., and Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2005, Asset Pricing with Liquidity Risk, Journal of Financial Economics 77(2), 375410
This journal articles comes from the Journal of Financial Economics and discusses many of the value investing principles that have made Warren Buffett one of the worlds greatest investors. The book describes value techniques that Warren Buffett and his partner Charlie Munger have used throughout their careers. This will contribute to my research as it details the elements that have made Warren Buffett popular within the worlds financial communities.
2. Buffett, Mary; Clark, David (1999). Buffettology: The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett the World’s Most Famous Investor. Scribner. ISBN 978-0-684-84821-1
The textbook further describes the valuation process used by Warren Buffett. What makes this book unique is that it also describes many of Buffett failures and how these can be avoided in the future. The book is based heavily on psychology principles and the method in which investors should think about owning businesses. Here, the Buffett describes common misunderstandings from the public regarding investing in public securities markets. This will be contributed to my research by providing further insights into Buffetts mindset and how he approaches both life and investing.
3. Buffett, Warren; Cunningham, Lawrence (2008). The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America, Second Edition. The Cunningham Group. ISBN 978-0-9664461-2-8
The book describes many of the philosophical elements in Warren Buffets thinking. Here, he delves into various aspects including business, corporate stewardship and how his investment approach was created. He also details his early childhood and how it has impacted his life as it relates to philanthropy and giving. This is important to my research as its providers further clarity in to Buffetts leadership style and how he was able to foster cooperation of over 80 business leaders within Berkshire Hathaway
4. James Rosen (2008). “The Oracle of Omaha”. The Washington Post.
This article describes how Warren Buffett earned his nickname as the Oracle of Omaha. The article details Buffetts upbringings in Omaha, Nebraska and how his investment style runs counter to that of Wall Street. The article concludes with investment advice as it relates to the 2008 financial crises and how to better prepare the next inevitable crisis. This article is helpful for my research as it shows how Buffett behaves during period of extreme financial stress and disorder within the capital markets.
5. Hagstrom, Robert G.; Miller, Bill R.; Fisher, Ken (2005). The Warren Buffett Way. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley. ISBN 0-471-74367-4
The book details the unique elements of Warren Buffetts life and how they impacted his wealth and investment philosophy. The book details how his father a stock broker and congressman influenced his decisions to invest. It also details stories related to Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffetts mentor and how he also influences Buffetts style of investing. This book is helpful for my research as it provides clarity related to the mentors that helped to shape Buffetts life, behaviors and thought processes.
6. Lou Hoffman, The Hoffman Agency. “Startup lessons learned from Warren Buffett.” April 13, 2010
The book discussing how Buffett began his business and investment career. The explains how one of buffets major failures was in fact purchasing Berkshire Hathaway. The book provides details regarding Cigar-Butt investing and how Buffett would purchase extremely cheap stocks to turn a quick profit. The title then details how Buffett slowly transitioned into owning entire businesses for very long periods of time. This source is useful as it details failures of Warren Buffett and how he was able to overcome them.
7. Lowe, Janet (2007). Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World’s Greatest Investor. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-470-15262-1.
The book provides intimate details into the more personal aspects…
The book also provides readers with advice on life and how to manage through adversity. In these instances, Janet Lowe, seeks to explain how money and material possessions are not the primary concern of Warren Buffett, but rather the love of those he cares about. The book also provides timeless finance advice that can be used to help younger readers save and invest properly. This book is useful as it provides more perspective into Buffetts personal life outside of simply business and investing.
8. Pysh, Preston (2011). Warren Buffett’s Three Favorite Books: A guide to the Intelligent Investor, Security Analysis, and the Wealth of Nations. Pylon Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0-98296-762-1
This book details how Intelligent Investor, Security Analysis, and the Wealth of Nations helped Buffett of solidify his investment philosophy. Many of these books where either written or recommended by mentors of Buffett over the course of his life. The books provide a foundation by which Buffett created his own investment philosophy and later popularized it with the world. This source is useful as provides insights into the actual books that contributed to Warren Buffetts success.
9. Train, John (1987). The midas touch: the strategies that have made Warren Buffett America’s pre-eminent investor. New York: Harper & Row. ISBN 978-0-06-015643-5
This book details the various strategies Warren Buffett uses to value companies. The book provides a guide that much more philosophical based that allows novice practitioners to understand the fundamental concepts of business valuation. The book also details how Buffett himself applied these principles to genrate high investment returns over long periods of time. This source is useful as it provides the philosophical context and practical applications of principles Buffett learned throughout his life.
10. Zachary Karabell (2008). “Buffett bio is time well invested”. The Los Angeles Times
This article details the overall life of Warren Buffett and how he came to obtain his approach to both life and investing. The article details why following Buffetts advice towards life can make individuals much happier and live more productive lives. Likewise, the article recognizes that Buffetts approach, although simple, is not heavily practices by those in society. This source is useful as it provides real world examples of how Warren Buffett has changed the lives of so many individuals around the world.
Short Essay – Choose a sampling of your best sources and explain why those particular sources were the most useful. Use both primary and secondary sources, and turn in photocopies of the title pages with the essay
The sampling of the best sources is below:
1. Buffett, Warren; Cunningham, Lawrence (2008). The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America, Second Edition. The Cunningham Group. ISBN 978-0-9664461-2-8
2. Hagstrom, Robert G.; Miller, Bill R.; Fisher, Ken (2005). The Warren Buffett Way. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley. ISBN 0-471-74367-4
3. Lowe, Janet (2007). Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World’s Greatest Investor. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-470-15262-1
These sources were the most useful because they provided a holistic approach to Buffetts philosophy as it relates, life, wealth, and business. All three sources provide a comprehensive basis to better understand Warren Buffett and his thinking. The first source, Essay of Warren Buffett are an amalgamation of his writings, speeches, and shareholders letters. These were all written personally be Buffett and therefore provide the most unfiltered view into his thinking and life. This book, I still find invaluable to my life, and actually change the manner in which I handle my financial affairs. This, along with the Warren Buffett Way, has each changes the lives of countless individuals as it provides timeless advice that is simple to understand. The advice, is also garnered from mentors of Warren Buffett who also had invaluable influence over his upbringings. This too provides insights into how the people who raised Buffetts ultimately live through his actions. Finally, Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World’s Greatest Investor, provides still further intimate details that are not only enjoyable to read, but also can make an immediate impact on the individuals life. These books show how Buffett not only had a passion for finance, but more importantly, has a passion for people and improving their overall lot in life. As a result, as able to learn about the person, his philosophy, his motivations, and how they all coalesce to make a productive and impactful life.
Photocopies of the Title Pages
1. The Essays…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.