Respond to discussion below using current APA edition and 2-3 references within 4 years or less. Must be at least 150 words.
The nursing profession is grounded on three essential elements: practice, research, and theory. These components have a reciprocal and cyclical relationship, where clinical practice generates research questions and knowledge for theory, and research guides practice and builds knowledge through theory development (Saleh, 2018). For effective nursing practice, it is crucial to apply knowledge, skills, and care to provide patients with care that is efficient, effective, and considerate. Research findings play a critical role in making clinical decisions, and ideally, all patient care decisions should be evidence-based.
The purpose of research in nursing is not only to guide practice but also to generate and test theory to build knowledge in the field. The relationship between research and theory is reciprocal, with each one generating more knowledge and informing the other (Saleh, 2018). A good theory enhances our understanding of a subject and is evaluated based on its effectiveness in guiding research and practical applications (Butts & Rich, 2018). The primary objective of a theory is to compress and retain knowledge and express our understanding of the world in concise statements. The process of developing a theory involves conducting research to test or generate theories and utilizing research-supported theories in practical settings (Butts & Rich, 2018).
The primary goal of nursing theory is to improve practice and positively influence patient health and quality of life. The relationship between theory and practice is reciprocal, with practice serving as the foundation for theory development and theory needing validation through practice (Saleh, 2018). However, there is often a perceived gap between theory and practice in the nursing profession, with practicing nurses using the language of nursing theory only when mandated to do so by accrediting bodies. Several factors contribute to this gap, including the perception that theory development is the domain of nurse educators and scholars rather than practicing nurses and the view that nursing theory and practice are separate activities (Saleh, 2018).
To bridge the gap between theory and practice, nursing leaders must maintain the reciprocal and cyclical relationship among practice, research, and theory. This can be achieved through continued interaction between nursing researchers, educators, and practicing nurses (Saleh, 2018). Increasing exposure to theoretical principles for undergraduate and graduate student nurses and stressing theoretical concepts and principles following formal education are essential. It is also necessary to provide nursing theorists and researchers with the opportunity for clinical involvement to minimize the disparity between the theoretical world and the world of practicing nurses. Finally, addressing healthcare and nursing issues from a theoretical perspective will help to guide theory-guided practice, which is the future of nursing (Saleh, 2018). Nurses must rely on sound theoretical principles to develop and implement effective, efficient, and holistic plans of care.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.