In this Assignment, you will apply the risk management techniques you have learned to a real-life scenario.
Mr. Ashford is a caseworker at the County Human Services Department. One of his clients, Mr. Lainez, is a young man who presents with many issues. He has been in foster care and is about to age out of the program to live on his own. Mr. Ashford will be assisting him with this transition.
In an effort to connect with his young client, Mr. Ashford accepts Mr. Lainez’s invitation of friendship on social media. In addition, he provides his agency email address to Mr. Lainez when he asks if there is not another way to make an appointment than making a telephone call and going through a receptionist.
Shortly thereafter, Mr. Lainez experiences several disappointing events. He loses his job, and the young woman he was dating tells him she is no longer interested in seeing him. Additionally, he is struggling to make ends meet, and becomes unable to pay the rent on his first apartment.
At his wits end, he makes a vague suicidal threat on Facebook and sends a desperate request to Mr. Ashford to set up an appointment as soon as possible. Out on calls, Mr. Ashford does not check his email or his Facebook account for several days, missing Mr. Lainez’s cues. His young client is found dead of an overdose of medication he has been prescribed by the Department psychiatrist.
Use the Readings, Internet, and Library to research the implications of this case study under current law and practice expectations.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your Assignment:
Introduce the case study and list each of the problematic decisions Mr. Ashford made in this scenario, analyzing each in terms of its effect on the outcome.
Indicate other choices he could or should have made.
Discuss the implications of this case study that you have learned from your research.
Apply the risk management techniques you have learned over the past two units to this case.
Do you believe they would likely have led to a different outcome for Mr. Lainez? For Mr. Ashford? Why or why not?
Your Assignment should be a 3–4 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of professional ethics and personal values in the human service profession.
Reference page: Sources in APA format
Include a minimum of two scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions
Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
Use APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.