SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering
BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering
AUGUST 2021 SEMESTER
MODULE NAME : ENGINEERING DESIGN AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
MODULE CODE : ENG60704
RELEASE DATE : 7TH of OCTOBER 2021
DUE DATE : 4 DAYS to be submitted by 11/10/2020 by 6:00 PM This paper consists of three (3) printed pages, inclusive of this page.
Candidate Name k Table Number k
Candidate Number k Tutorial Group k
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Answer all questions in this document
2. Make sure that you start a new question on a new page.
3. Please use references from reputable sources (i.e. Journal articles and textbooks) if necessary to support your answers.
4. Only Microsoft Word documents are accepted for your submissions through Turnitin.
Answer all questions
You have recently been tasked with the planning of the launch of a new car for a client who is looking to have the event in approximately two months. The initial date planned for the event is to be the 11th of December 2021 and the start date for this project is the 20th of October 2021.
(a) Explain how you will complete this project according to the five project management process groups.
While planning the launch, you were informed that the launch will have to be held on a different date than initially planned because a very important VIP (who insists on being present) is unavailable on that date. The VIP further adds that he will only be available on Saturdays (i.e. either the week before or the week after the 11th of December 2021). If carried out after the 11th of December, the project is guaranteed to cost an additional RM18000 but if it is carried out before the 11th of December, you will need to reduce the overall duration of the project which also incurs additional costs. It is also noted that preparations for the event must be completed at least 1 day before the actual day of the event itself. As the project manager, you must decide if the event should be held before or after the 11th of December. Based on the information in the text and in Table Q1 below;
(b) Select a new date to have the launch and justify the reasons for your answer
Phase Task Predecessor Normal Crash
Days Cost in RM Days Cost in RM
1 A – 9 10,000 6 15,500
D B 8 6,000 5 8,400
F C, D
G F 4 3,000 4 3,000
H E, G 11 12,000 11 12,000
Halfway through the second phase of the project, you decide to assess the performance of the project before the next progress presentation to your superior.
(c) Based on the information from part (b) and Table Q1, apply a project management tool to measure the project’s current performance. Summarise your findings and predict if the client will be satisfied with the project’s performance at this time
As you are working on preparations for the event, your superior comes to you to request for some additional manpower from your team for a separate project.
(d) Based on your understanding of project management, explain to your superior that you cannot adhere to his request with proper justifications.
[Total = 60 marks]
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.