Respond to this post in your own words 500words minimum APA format 7 ed with a turn it in report
Franklin Roosevelts New Deal plan was extremely helpful in the assist and fight against the negative effects of the Great Depression. This plan erupted in 1936 when politics were controlled by the democratic party for the first time in many years when President Franklin D. Roosevelt won the presidential election. Over the next 30 years, more diverse individuals were voting, including different races, sexes and individuals from a variety of social classes.
Franklin Roosevelts New Deal was compiled of different programs and projects to help restore the economy during the Great Depression. Some examples include attempting to stabilize the economy, provide jobs, and relief for those who needed it. Roosevelt quickly made changes which led to the Emergency Banking Act. The Emergency Banking Act assisted in reorganizing the banks and closing banks which were bankrupt. Roosevelt had a four-day bank holiday to stop individuals from taking their money out of untrustworthy banks. After multiple days, individuals were encouraged to deposit their money back into the banks after the banks that were not doing well closed. By the end of that month, three quarters of the banks had re-opened (Great Depression Facts, 2016).
During Roosevelts First 100 Days, he asked Congress to end Prohibition. By the end of the year, Congress consented to this and ended Prohibition. He also signed the Tennessee Valley Authority Act, allowing for the building of dams along the Tennessee River to assist with flooding power bills. Closely following the Tennessee Valley Authority Act, Congress passed another bill that paid farmers, which ended surplus issues and inflated the price of goods.
Although Roosevelt didnt end The Great Depression in its entirety, he worked continuously to obtain citizens jobs, better the economy, and the future for the American people. In spring of 1935, Roosevelt launched a Second New Deal (Franklin D. Roosevelt – Facts, new deal & death, 2023). This consisted of other, more aggressive federal programs. Although the Great Depression never ended completely from Roosevelts New Deal programs, it had a huge impact on many factors. From this, there were more African Americans and women in the workplace and many federal programs made still exist today including food stamps, WIC, and unemployment. With all of these accomplishments, President Franklin D. Roosevelts economic plan was a success and will always be remembered.
Franklin D. Roosevelt – Facts, new deal & death. (2023). Retrieved from https://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/franklin-d-roosevelt
Great Depression Facts (2016). Retrieved from https://www.fdrlibrary.org/great-depression-facts
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.