Consultation Implications in Context
You are a consulting psychologist for a local clinic and have been asked to follow up on a consultation you completed four years ago. There are current developments in this case that require further consideration. Please review the PSY699 Week Five discussion case fileLinks to an external site. or detailed information on the current case under review.
In your initial post, explain how the APA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct can be used to guide decisions in this ethically complex situation. Provide a suggested course of action for the clinic staff. Given the daughter’s age and the situation presented, integrate concepts developed from different psychological content domains to support your suggested course of action. Be certain to use evidence-based psychological concepts and theories to support your arguments. You may wish to consider the following questions as you construct your post.
Should the staff encourage the daughter to inform her mother that she is sexually active?Would knowledge regarding her daughter’s sexual activity influence the mother’s stance regarding disclosure?Should the staff break confidentiality and inform the mother that her daughter is sexually active?Should the staff encourage the mother to inform the daughter of both her and her daughter’s HIV status?Does the daughter’s boyfriend have any rights in this situation? If so, what are they?Based on the daughter’s age, does the mother have a right to not disclose the diagnosis to her daughter?Does the mother have a right to the privacy regarding her own diagnosis, which could be threatened if her daughter learns of her own status?Are there other approaches the staff can take? If so, what are they?Is further information required in order for you to create an ethically sound suggested course of action?
American Psychological Association. (2010). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: Including 2010 amendmentsLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.