SIT105 Thinking Technology and Design – T1, 2021
SIT105 THINKING TECHNOLOGY AND
DESIGN APPLIED PROJECT
DUE: 21 MAY 2021 AT 8.00PM
UNIT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Two ‘Unit Learning Outcome (ULO)’ of this unit are used for this assessment:
(ULO2) develop strategies using generic and IT specific techniques to explore algorithms and (ULO3) Create algorithms using the input-processing-output model, defining diagrams and pseudocode to demonstrate simple program design.
This assignment requires you to design and develop algorithms using pseudocode. The assignment will indicate whether
students can partially attain the associated Unit Learning Outcomes.
Read the entire assignment sheet, the rubric and answer all the following tasks below.
Place your name, ID and answers in your document. Please note that only MS Word (docx) may be submitted. The word count is 1500 words max (upper limit), so be concise and efficient with your pseudocode! Submit your assignment document on CloudDeakin Applied Project folder.
Metro has chosen Boston Dynamics as the vendor to produce the automated passenger train discussed in the Critical Thinking Task. The project is now being broken down into segments (divide and conquer) by the project manager. They have outlined that one major part of this project is to develop the algorithms (artificial intelligence) to operate the train and ensure it does what it is designed to do safely and successfully. So, your goal as the software developer is to create 2 key algorithm modules in pseudocode format (not programming languages).
APPLIED PROJECT: DESIGN THE AUTOMATED TRAIN ALGORITHM FUNCTIONALITY!
The purpose of this applied project is to develop the overall algorithm for the automated train; however, this will begin with developing functionality for only 2 main operations, one easier and one more difficult described below (you will need a variety of modules).
Your algorithm should begin with a Main() & END where all sub-modules will be launched from.
TASK 1 – FUNCTIONALITY: AUTOMATIC FEE DEDUCTION (BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE)
Fees need to be automatically deducted from passengers’ accounts.
1. Assume passengers’ identity information including accounts have been stored already in the online database.
2. When a passenger walks toward the entry gate (entry point to the train station), the mounting camera will scan the face, the passenger will then select a trip. When the scanned face data matches that in the database, the entry gate will be opened, and a fee will be deducted automatically from the corresponding passenger’s account.
3. Fees: (1) if the trip is less than 10 km, the fee is $3; (2) if the trip is equal to or larger than 10 km, but less than 80 km, the fee is $10; (3) if the trip is equal to or more than 80 km, the fee is $15. (4) the maximum trip is 130 km. 4. Print messages if needed.
5. You will need to demonstrate the use of both a selection statement and repetition statement in Task 1.
6. You need to submit your defining diagram for this question and the algorithm written in pseudocode.
7. Hint: face involves characteristics like eye, hair etc. If you feel like going for a high score on this task, you need to consider the characteristics and the trip distances, and use modules where possible.
TASK 2 – FUNCTIONALITY: ENTRY & TRAVEL & EXIT (INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED)
In this second task we focus on the whole procedure, including entry, travel and exit.
1. You already have your algorithm for Task 1. Use/call your algorithm properly in this task.
2. After entry, each passenger needs to board a train to start travel.
PAGE 1 OF 2
SIT105 Thinking Technology and Design – T1, 2021
3. Mange speed of the train: ‘fast’, ‘slow’, ‘start’, ‘stop’.
4. Manage the boarding and leaving of passengers from the train. count the number of passengers.
when should you unlock/open the doors? assume there is a sensor at all doors which keeps track of how many enter or leave a train (maximum allowed on a train is 1000).
5. Mange the exiting of a station (after finishing the travel).
Face scanned again, allowing machine to check if the deduction is matched with the trip (i.e. trip distance).
6. Return trip is NOT required.
7. You will need to demonstrate the use of both a selection statement and repetition statement in this task.
8. You need to design your algorithm sequential cohesion and data coupling.
9. You need to submit your algorithm sub-module written in pseudocode (NO defining diagram required).
PAGE 2 OF 2
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.