ST131: Introduction to Statistics Assignment, Semester 1, 2022Due Date: Monday 6th June, 2022, 11.59pm (Fiji-time) Total Marks: 50 Weight: 10%Instructions:1. All questions are compulsory.2. Please complete this assignment in a group of 3 students.3. Use MS Excel to complete this assignment, that is all calculations should be done using the MS excel functions.4. Write your group members information (name, ID, signature, etc.) on a new sheet and rename it as Group Information.5. Each question should be done in different sheets and rename them as Q1 for Question 1, Q2 for Question 2, and so on.6. One member from each group to upload the groups assignment solution (MS excel file) via drop box created on Moodle.7. Plagiarized assignments will be given a mark of 0 (zero) and will be reported for disciplinary action.Access Fiji Farm Survey data set from MOODLE. And use that for all questions.Fiji Farm Survey data set is taken from a survey of Sugar cane Farmers in Fiji conducted by a research team from the University of Queensland in 2005.Q1. (17 marks)a. Classify the variables Age, No. of children, Farming status and annual profit from farming. (2 marks)b. Construct a grouped frequency distribution for the variable Age using 7 classes. (4 marks)c. Produce a histogram for grouped frequency distribution in part a. Give appropriate title and label toaxis. (3 marks)d. Discuss the Histogram result, is there a serious problem in sugar industry regarding farmers age? If yes then recommend a suitable way to minimize this problem. (2 marks)e. Produce an ogive for grouped frequency distribution in part a. Give appropriate title and label to axis.(3 marks)f. Construct a Pie chart for variable Farming status. Any observations? (3 marks)Q2. (16 marks)Create a new column titled “Level of education” with following criteria:• all the farmers Education(years) less than equal to eight label it as primary• all the farmers Education(years) greater than 8 and less than equal to 13 label it secondary.• all the farmers Education(years) greater than 13 label it as tertiary.(2 marks)Now create a new variable ‘cane output per acre’ in a new column. (Cane output per acre = cane output /cultivated area). (1 mark)a. Calculate the descriptive statistics using MS-Excel for cane output per acre based for farmers with primary education and for farmers with secondary education. (Hint: ignore non-numeric cells incomputing). Interpret the following statistic (Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation) obtained forfarmers with primary education. (7 marks)b. What conclusion can be reach from the comparison of descriptive statistics between cane output per acre for farmers with primary education and for farmers with secondary education? Justify why or why notethere is significant difference in output? (2 marks)c. Construct a box plot for cane output per acre based for farmers with primary education and for farmerswith secondary education. Interpret the boxplots. (4 marks)Q3. (14 marks)Construct a contingency table and relative contingency table (using Pivot table tool in Excel) for farming statusin raw and Land Owned in column. (4 marks)a. What is the probability that a randomly selected farmer does not own the land? (1 mark)b. What is the probability that a randomly selected farmer is working full time and does not own the land?(1 mark)c. What is the probability that a randomly selected farmer is working full time or does not own the land?(2 mark)a. What is the probability that a randomly selected farmer does not own the land given that farming statusis full time? (2 mark)b. Are the events “does not own the land” and “farming status is full time” independent? (2 mark)c. What can you conclude from above analysis in regards to land ownership in sugar industry? (2 marks)Q4. (3 marks)Assume that the annual profit from farming is approximately normally distributed with a mean of $1940 and standard deviation of $1700. Individual earning less than $2000 is believed to be in poverty. Calculate what proportion of sugar cane farmers are in Fiji are in poverty?THE END
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.