Student Name Student Number
Unit Code/s & Name/s BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking skills in others
If applicable N/A
Assessment Name Portfolio of Evidence Assessment Task No. 2 of 4
Assessment Due Date Date submitted / /
Student Declaration: I declare that this assessment is my own work. Any ideas and comments made by other people have been acknowledged as references. I understand that if this statement is found to be false, it will be regarded as misconduct and will be subject to disciplinary action as outlined in the TAFE Queensland Student Rules. I understand that by emailing or submitting this assessment electronically, I agree to this Declaration in lieu of a written signature.
Student Signature Date / /
Instructions to Student General Instructions:
This task requires you to demonstrate the skills and knowledge requirements to develop critical and creative thinking skills in others within a workplace context, including:
• developing an environment for an organisation or work area that supports the application of critical and creative thinking methods
• identifying critical and creative thinking concepts and approaches, and their application to a workplace context
• facilitating relevant learning opportunities for others
• developing questions and prompt questioning to broaden knowledge and understanding of the team member cohort
• monitoring team skill development to develop recommendations on future learning arrangements to be implemented in future planning.
This task is to be submitted by the due dates advised in the Unit Study Guide. If a student requires an extension, then they must negotiate this with their Assessor prior to the due date.
Level of Assistance Permitted (If Any):
This is an open book assessment task. All work must be your own.
• refer to learning resources, workplace and/or research further information
• ask the Assessor clarifying questions
• access the services of Studiosity to assist in interpreting questions or proof reading text
• be referred to learning support for additional assistance.
Students must seek any required assistance, reasonable adjustment or negotiate extensions with Assessor prior to due date.
This assessment is to be completed in a workplace or a simulated workplace including the classroom or home office environment.
Materials to be Supplied:
For this assessment, learners will need access to:
• internet, device and word processing software (can be accessed through TAFE campuses and facilities)
• the LMS and associated learning resources
• organisational strategic and operational plans
• workplace policies and procedures relevant to performance development
• relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
To achieve a satisfactory result, your Assessor will be looking for your ability to demonstrate the following key skills/tasks/knowledge to an acceptable industry standard:
• All tasks have been completed in full and have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills required to:
? develop an environment for an organisation or work area that supports the application of critical and creative thinking methods.
Work, Health and Safety:
• Follow TAFE Queensland Student Rules.
• Access TAFE Queensland Student Services for any additional support.
• Conduct risk assessments prior to any assessment task to ensure the safety of all participants and the environment.
• Ensure an ergonomically safe work environment to complete all assessment tasks.
Number of Attempts:
You will receive up to two (2) attempts at this assessment task. Should your 1st attempt be unsatisfactory (U), your teacher will provide feedback and discuss the relevant questions with you and will arrange a date your 2nd attempt. If your 2nd attempt is unsatisfactory (U), or you fail to attend the scheduled date for a 2nd attempt, you will receive an overall unsatisfactory result for this assessment task. Only one re-assessment attempt may be granted for each assessment task. For more information, refer to the Student Rules.
(if relevant) Please refer to Unit Study Guide for due date.
• Review the Marking Criteria provided for this task to ensure you have evidenced all requirements.
• Follow the instructions in the LMS to submit your assessment, demonstrating your ability to:
• Follow organisational procedures for file naming, management and storage.
• Use business technology.
• Communicate professionally using appropriate terminology / language.
• Organise and present information professionally e.g. relevant documents / templates, formatting, grammar and spelling.
• Complete tasks in a timely manner.
TAFE Queensland Learning Management System:
Connect url: https://ift.tt/MY2AVwq
• Username; 9 digit student number
• For Password: Reset password go to: https://ift.tt/XIe4NlD
Instructions to Assessor The students will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to develop critical and creative thinking skills in others within a workplace context.
Assessors are to:?
• confirm expectations as detailed in Instructions to Student have been followed and met
• provide feedback on all assessment attempts and identify additional learning and/or practice required by the student before their second attempt
• use the Marking Criteria to record their assessment and feedback?
• negotiate to complete assessment tasks and/or resubmissions verbally, where the opportunity presents:?
? scribe the students response verbatim on the assessment task/marking criteria, and note the questions verbally addressed on the coversheet
? initial and date additional comments.
• Assessors of this unit must satisfy the assessor requirements in applicable vocational education and training legislation, frameworks and/or standards.
Note to Student An overview of all Assessment Tasks relevant to this unit is located in the Unit Study Guide.
Completing this assessment allows you to show your skills and knowledge in developing critical thinking in others.
This assessment will require you to complete the following tasks:
Part A: Develop and conduct a survey to determine individual and team knowledge gaps in critical thinking concepts and practices
Part B: Develop a learning and development plan to identify skill and knowledge gaps and prepare two session plans (1 formal and 1 informal).
Part C: Develop an online learning resource on -Critical and Creative Thinking in the Workplace-
This assessment task is to be completed based on your workplace, or using the simulated workplace provided below – The Righteous Bean
Scenario (The Righteous Bean)
The Righteous Bean is growing, and the expansion in the past 6 months has been significant. Therefore, the number of locations and staff members has increased. The executive team would like you to work with groups of Righteous Bean team members to use critical thinking skills and teamwork strategies to devise new ways for the staff to network and get to know each other. Getting this process right will significantly contribute to the overall smooth operations, collaboration among team members, and continued productivity of The Righteous Bean as it evolves and will avoid growing pains and management issues in the coming months.
Part A: – Identify Skill and Knowledge Gaps
Before you can develop some of the employees critical thinking skills, you will need to identify the knowledge and skills they already have and the gaps.
Step 1. Develop and Administer Survey
• The Executive team have requested that you create a survey of at least 8 – 10 questions that will allow you to identify both individual and team knowledge gaps in critical and creative thinking. As new roles are being filled and staff are being moved to new and different locations, management has agreed that identifying knowledge and skill gaps among the team will be critical in developing procedures to boost operational efficiency and support new teams during this growth period.
• The survey must identify:
• The current level of knowledge and understanding of critical and creative thinking
• Knowledge gaps related to critical and creative thinking
• Gaps or barriers to applying critical and creative thinking in the workplace
• Opportunities available to use critical and creative thinking skills
• Additional support required
• Preferred learning methods
• Your survey must contain instructions for participants to know why the survey is being completed, how to complete the survey and who to return the survey to and by when.
• You must hand the survey out to 4 colleagues for them to complete and submit back to you. Depending on how you are completing this task, your 4 colleagues may either be real colleagues in your workplace, classmates, or friends/family members who play the role of simulated work colleagues when completing their surveys.
• You will be required to submit copies of your completed surveys, including participants names, as evidence for completing this part of the assessment.
Part B: Learning and Development Plan
Step 1. Develop a learning and development plan
• Complete a learning and development plan that will enable the development of critical thinking skills. You may use the template located in Appendix A or your organisational template
• Based on the completed surveys you have received, identify and list 3-5 gaps in the employees critical and creative thinking knowledge.
• For each identified gap in critical and creative thinking skills, explain the link between the gap and the effect this may have on work performance at The Righteous Bean (or your organisation).
• List the options available to address each skill and knowledge gap
• List who will receive the learning opportunity (based on your survey responses)
• List the resources required to deliver the learning opportunity
Step 2. Develop informal and formal learning opportunities
• Complete two (2) session plans for one (1) formal and one (1) informal learning opportunity that you can facilitate with the employees identified from your learning and development plan you completed in Step 3. You may use the template located in Appendix B or your organisational template
• Your recommendations in the plan should consider the critical and creative thinking research you have done and what types of models and actions best suit the facilitation of your identified learning opportunities.
Part C – Formal Learning – Develop Skills in Critical and Creative thinking
The Executive team would like you to develop online training titled -Critical and Creative Thinking in the Workplace-. The training video of about ten (10) minutes in length that is suitable for uploading to the organisations Intranet so that Managers can use it in team meetings and training sessions and is also available on-demand for people to revise
Step 1. Develop a PowerPoint presentation (or use other suitable software) on critical and creative thinking in the workplace:
You must cover the following issues in your presentation. However, you are free to include any other additional information that you consider would be helpful:
(a) Introduction – the purpose of the presentation and what you will be covering
(b) Definitions of and differences between critical and creative thinking
(c) Explanation of one critical and one creative thinking model
(d) Explanation of how critical and creative thinking can be used in the workplace and the benefits to the organisation
(e) Description of barriers to critical and creative thinking
(f) Description of processes that create a safe environment for critical and creative thinking in the workplace
(g) Discuss organisational policies/ procedures and legislation relevant to the application of critical and creative thinking in the workplace
(h) Summary and conclusion
Step 2. Using your presentation from Step 1, prepare a video recording of eight (8) to ten (10) minutes where you deliver the information suitable for use as a training resource. The options you have to do this are:
• Include audio on your PowerPoint
• Record yourself delivering the presentation using software such as Screen-cast-omatic
• Discuss with your Assessor other suitable options
When delivering your presentation, you must not just read the information contained in your presentation.
Step 3. – Upload your recording to Connect
Once you have completed all the above tasks, please submit all required documents to Connect.
• Four (4) completed surveys
• Completed learning and development plan
• Two (2) training plans (1 informal and 1 formal)
• PowerPoint (or similar) training resource with audio
Appendix A Learning and Development Plan
Critical Thinking Skills Learning and Development Plan
Skill/Knowledge to be developed Key benefits Identified L&D opportunities Who Resources
List the skill or development area that has been identified for the team/department. Indicate the key benefits of the learning opportunity to meet the team and/or organisation needs List options to meet the learning need. Include options that are informal, e.g., on-the-job as well as formal training programs List who will attend the L&D opportunity Provide details of the resources needed to deliver the learning and development
Appendix B Training Plan template
The purpose of this template is to structure communication for planned training or presentation of a topic. This is used to communicate with others in the team and organisation about the benefits of learning.
Detail how the training will be delivered – informal/formal – lecture, discussion, case study role play, small group teaching, experiential learning, online learning etc
Briefly explain the aim and outcome to be achieved via the delivery of the presentation or training, e.g. skill building, development opportunity, the solution to a problem after a brainstorming session etc.
• who the target audience is
• current knowledge and skill levels
Topics to be covered in the training
List the topics that will be addressed in the training session. Essentially this is your plan for the training session
How will the effectiveness of the training be evaluated?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.