One of the issues affecting my patient population is the integration of substance abuse management and mental healthcare. Successful integration between substance abuse and mental care has proved to achieve better outcomes. Integration addresses financial barriers and makes patients more satisfied. It also helps increase the quality of care and boost the quality of life on a long-term basis (Crowe et al., 2018). The challenge in integrating mental health and substance abuse where I work has led to poor health outcomes. The challenge has created financial difficulties, making it challenging to address substance abuse effectively. Despite efforts, the organization puts more effort into mental health with a lack of correlation between integration measures.
Information technology plays a significant role in the implementation of evidence-based practice in substance abuse management. Access to the internet makes it easy for health service providers to access information and use it for decision-making. Technological advances have also made it possible to mine large data sets and analyze health needs to determine treatment and management interventions (Mesko et al., 2018). Cloud services facilitate easy access to accurate data from remote areas, facilitating collaborative decision-making and integrated care. It is also easy to access clinical evidence for the assessment and implementation of health care strategies. Lastly, technology enhances the active participation of patients in decision-making (Lattie et al., 2020). Despite the physical distance, patients are connected with healthcare providers throughout.
Crowe, A., Mullen, P. R., & Littlewood, K. (2018). Self‐stigma, mental health literacy, and health outcomes in integrated care. Journal of Counseling & Development, 96(3), 267-277.
Lattie, E. G., Nicholas, J., Knapp, A. A., Skerl, J. J., Kaiser, S. M., & Mohr, D. C. (2020). Opportunities for and tensions surrounding the use of technology-enabled mental health services in community mental health care. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 47(1), 138-149.
Meskó, B., Hetényi, G., & Győrffy, Z. (2018). Will artificial intelligence solve the human resource crisis in healthcare?. BMC health services research, 18(1), 1-4.
I NEED A COMMENT FOR THIS DISCUSSION BOARD WITH AT LEAST 2 PARAGRAPHS AND USE 3 SOURCES NO LATER THAN 5 YEARS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.