Wk 4 – Summative Assessment: Application of Root Cause Analysis
Law enforcement officers often must use problem-solving skills to address issues when solving crimes. Being able to identify the root causes of a problem you are facing and determine potential solutions is a skill criminal justice practitioners use often. A very common issue, and one that is paramount to solving crimes, is witness cooperation. In this summative assessment, you research a criminal case where witness cooperation was problematic and, by using the information available to you, perform a root cause analysis. Use the material you have learned this week to propose strategies that law enforcement officers could use to mitigate the issue.
Research a criminal case where witness cooperation was an issue for investigators.
Imagine you are one of the investigators and write an 875- to 1,050-word case audit for your police chief as part of the agency’s quality control procedures. Address the following in your case audit:
Summarize the facts of the selected criminal case.Discuss the challenges investigators faced in dealing with witnesses to the crime.Conduct a root cause analysis (RCA) using the 5 Whys approach on the problem investigators faced with witness cooperation.Propose 3 strategies that investigators could have used to improve communication and cooperation with witnesses during the criminal investigation.Explain why these strategies would have been successful.
Cite at least 3 academic sources to support your case audit, excluding weekly readings.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.