SUPPLY CHAIN BEST PRACTICE
• Cover page: DONT upload it in moodle separately, one file only.
• File in word format.
• Don’t put (no.) in the “in-text citations”, use the proper “in-text citation” format, pls go through Dr Chu’s notes (chapter 3).
• Reference list should be in alphabetical order.
• Direct citation, pls do remember adding “ “ before and after the sentences. It can be applied in the “definitions” only.
• Heading and context should be matched.
• Executive summary: not more than half page.
• focus on ONE topic (supply chain best practice) only
• Case study: ONE case only, use secondary research, source of data including journals, books, internet, company websites.
You have to type your work with Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. If you use any materials to support your discussion, you need to cite reference properly.
“No of words” should be shown on cover sheet and not beyond word
1) Student must submit the assignment in word file, other format is not acceptable.
2) Student must enter the file name in the following format: student name + your chosen supply chain practice. E.g. Chan Tai Man_eprocurement. Otherwise turnitin does not show who is the file owner and your chosen topic.
3) Once submit the file in moodle, student should press the button “submit”, otherwise the file cannot be submitted.
4) Content must have in-text citations.
Coursework Cover Sheet
For turnitin processing, SHOULD USE “print screen” function to copy the filled cover sheet and paste the image in the first page of report.
SUPPLY CHAIN BEST PRACTICE (CHOOSE ONE)
• JIT (lecture 3a)
• Lean Practice (lecture 3a, lecture 6a)
• Cross Docking (lecture 5b)
• RFID practice (lecture 5a)
• Vendor Managed Inventory (lecture 3a, lecture 5a)
• CPFR (collaborative planning forecasting and replenishment) (lecture 5a)
• E-procurement (lecture 7b)
• Efficient Consumer Response (ECR) – case company in grocery industry, (lecture 5a)
• Quick Response (QR) (lecture 6a) – case company in fast fashion industry, e.g. ZARA or H&M
SUPPLY CHAIN BEST PRACTICE EXAMPLES (Select ONE ONLY, NOT ALL)
Literature Review on ONE SC practice in the above vs. your case study organization with this SC practice.
You SHOULD follow the “REPORT” format.
Executive Summary (this is not included in your word count) Table of Contents (show the page no. on each sub-heading)
1. Introduction (reason of choosing this topic + objectives)(not more than 100 words 2. Literature review (use sub-headings to break down your report content, discuss this SC practice with extensive literatures) (not more than 1300 words)
All the following sub-headings are examples only
2.1 XXXXX (Definition of e-procurement)
2.2 XXXXXXX (History of JIT development)
2.3 XXXXXXX (Benefits of JIT practice to supply chain parties)
2.3.1 Benefits to the focal point
2.3.2 Benefits to suppliers
2.3.3 Benefits to downstream parties/customers
2.4 Successful elements of e-procurement implementation
2.5 Difficulties of e-procurement implementation
3. Case study (explain how the selected company implements this supply chain practice – e.g. E-procurement, case information should not be too outdated) (600 – 700 words)
All the following sub-headings are examples only
3.1 Case company background
3.2 How work in e-procurement
3.3 Difficulties of e-procurement implementation
3.4 How e-procurement benefit to case company
4. Recommendations/managerial implication (suggest what areas to improve by the case company/companies want to implement this supply chain best practice)
5. Conclusions (part 4 and 5, not more than 150 words)
6. Reference List (at least 14 academic references, should do numbering in the list but NOT in the in-text)
• International Journal of Operations and Production Management
• The international Journal of Logistics Management
• International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
• International Journal of Production Economics
• Production and Operations Management
• Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
• Journal of Business Logistics
• Journal of Operations Management
• Journal of Supply Chain Management: a global review of purchasing and supply
• Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
• Operations Management
• The International Journal of Logistics Management
Critical Literature Review
Descriptive vs Critical Review
In retail business where physical product dominates the operating environment, service quality improvement provides additional opportunities for company to create sustainable competitive advantages against competitors. While competitors can easily replicate product features and
designs, well-trained front line employees and well planned service episodes are harder to copy. Subjective
Gronroos (1984) defines service quality into technical and functional aspects. Technical aspects of service can have definite specifications such as waiting time, process time that allow applications of traditional product quality controlling techniques. On the other hand, functional aspects are more abstract human behaviour that is subjected to individual employee’s
performance. Gronroos further suggests that corporate image can be expected to build up Summary mainly by the technical quality and the functional quality of its services. Single author
Many researchers find that satisfaction has a larger impact on performance that service quality (Anderson, Fornell, & Lehmann, 1994; Churchill & Surprenant, 1982; Oliver, 1980). However, other variables such as price, convenience, or availability may enhance satisfaction without actually affecting customers’ service quality perception and purchase behaviour (Cronin & Taylor, 1992). Another important performance measurement is the perceived value of offering (Dodds
& Monroe, 1985; Dodds et al., 1991; Gould-Williams, 1999; Grewal, Monroe, & Krishnan, 1998; Evaluative
Sinha & DeSarbo,1998). Multiple authors
Source: 352SAM Lecture 3
Said et al. (2009) define corporate social responsibility (CSR)as the business practices that ethical and respectful to the communicty, employees, environment and different stakeholders. On the other hand, Mishra et al. (2009) see CSR as a response to the expectations of the society for appropriate business behavior for social betterment.
The definition of Mishra et al. (2009) is more restricted to social contribution, while Said et al. (2009) emphasize not just social contribution, but also a balance between different aspects such as economic benefits and environmental conservation.
Nevertheless, both agree that CSR concerns about the betterment of the society (Said et al., 2009; Mishra et al., 2009).
Source: 352SAM Lecture 3
Q & A
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.