PARAGRAPH FROM Essay :
Peer Discussion Post One
I felt the same chills when I read the scenario! I think every nurse (or health practitioner) has worked with a surgeon who thinks he is so brilliant (and is considered so brilliant by the management) he is allowed to get away with all sorts of incivility. Eventually, abusive behavior becomes normalized, when one person is allowed to engage in it. In retrospect, I think when incivility from a respected surgeon like this is permitted, it is even worse when another nurse engages in horizontal violence, or so-called eating their young (Gillespie, et al., 2017). When someone who is revered acts as though it is beneath him to act civilly, acting disdainfully and uncivilly becomes to be seen as synonymous with competence, versus what it is, a real threat to a healthy atmosphere and the retention of trusted employees at every level. No one wants to work with people…
Nurses are used to acting as patient advocates. It is part of our job description. Yet we also must act as advocates for other nurses. Nurses should not have to suffer unethical forms of harassment simply to do their work, and to try to force them to do so shows a profound lack of respect for the difficult work nurses do. The incident you describe also highlights the need for creating a system of reporting in which nurses do not feel at risk if they contest certain actions of a powerful surgeon. Nurses are already in a high-risk profession for emotional violence from patients and other providers; as you note, when this risk is compounded by status, this can severely impede the quality-of-care patients receive,…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.