The American Psychological Association is actually a professional association for psychology. The guidelines were therefore initially developed for this field. However, due to their clarity and practicability, the guidelines quickly found their way into other disciplines as well. This style is particularly popular in the humanities and natural sciences. APA is a very popular guide for scientific articles and research reports and is one of the most widely used, especially in the English-speaking world.This article is about how to cite correctly in APA style. We briefly address the guidelines for layout, which are primarily for typesetters, the people who prepare a text for printing, towards the end. Often, however, instructors of courses themselves provide these specifications, so it is a good idea to check your own materials first.What do citations look like in APA style?In principle, the APA citation style does not differ from the German citation style. It allows both direct and indirect citations. However, unlike the German citation style, the references are not noted with the help of a footnote at the bottom of the page, but APA citation style is used in the text itself. In principle, this is initially done in two different ways.Note: Footnotes in APA citation are used only to enrich the text with additional information.Indirect citation in APA styleFirst, in indirect citations, the author can be noted after the cited passage in parenthesis along with the year (Author, Year). On the other hand, the author can already be named in the text itself. In this case, the year is noted after the author’s name (year). The paraphrase in APA style thus dispenses with naming the exact source.If the requested citation itself has already been cited in the source from which it was found, it is considered a secondary citation. In this case, a reference is made to the source in which it is found. According to APA, the original work is cited in the text, but the reference (cited in author, year) is added.Direct citation in APA formatIn the case of indirect citations, the page number on which the cited passage can be found is also added. In this case, there are three possibilities. On the one hand, the already noted possibility of the parenthesis at the end of the sentence “citation” (author, year, p.XX). Furthermore, it is possible to name the author: Author (Year) “Quote” (p.XX) or else Author (Year, p. XX) “Quote”. Is conceivable. The main thing to note at this point is that the citation is part of the sentence and thus the period in the APA citation style is to be placed only after the source of the citation.Important: If a direct quotation exceeds forty words, it is indented as a block. In this case, quotation marks are not used. The above rules are still used.Thus, we have already covered the principles for citation in the paper itself. In the APA citation style, the heart is the list of sources. So, in the following, we will discuss the different types of media. It will be shown how these are correctly cited in the list of sources. Afterward, special cases and abbreviations will be discussed, so that citing in the APA format can be done without problems.If a source has two authors, both surnames are connected with an &-sign or can be noted in the body text as in the case of single authors, but then connected by a capital “and”. Publications with three or more authors will have the abbreviation et al. added. This is Latin for et alii, which means “and others”. This applies to the note in the body text as well as to the parenthesis.Otherwise, unlike many other citation styles, APA does not use the abbreviations ibid. or ibid. but always uses the full abbreviated reference, even when referring to the same passage. The same applies to the cf. frequently used in other citation styles. APA does not use this abbreviation either.And how does the APA method work in the bibliography?Of course, with the APA citation style, all sources cited in the text must be noted in the bibliography. In order not to cause chaos here, we will first explain the basic rules. Furthermore, we will explain in detail how to note the authors, because the APA uses clear guidelines there. Subsequently, we will discuss the various conceivable types of sources that are used in a scientific paper.Sometimes formatting a paper might get tricky, especially if you’re doing it for the first time and if your college requires using a custom paper format. And the worst of it, even if the content of your paper is perfect, the format errors might drop your grade significantly. Allow yourself a break and hire a writer for proofreading. But first, make a little research and find some services that are worth your money. For this purpose I recommend scamfighter.https://scamfighter.net/review/eduguide.pro
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.