The client, Mr. Yeo, is a 65-year-old Chinese male, divorced, living alone, and was admitted to the hospital in a near-comatose condition yesterday because of an overdose of approximately thirty tablets of Valium, 5 MGM, combined with alcoholic intoxication. The client was given supportive care and is alert at the present time. A heavy drinker, he has been unemployed from his janitorial job for the past three months because of his drinking. He acknowledges feeling increasingly depressed since being fired, and for the past two weeks, he has had insomnia, anorexia, and a ten-pound weight loss. He indicates he wanted to die, had been thinking of suicide for the past week, planned the overdose, but had to “get drunk” because “I didn’t have the guts” [to kill myself].” He is unhappy that the attempt failed, states that, “nobody can help me” and he sees no way to help himself. He denies having any close relationships or caring how others would feel if he committed suicide (“Who is there who cares?”). He views death as a “relief.” His use of alcohol has increased considerably in the past month. He denies having any hobbies or activities, “just drinking.” He was eventually referred to see a psychotherapist by his social worker.
In an essay format, elaborate on how Mr. Yeo may benefit from the psychotherapeutic interventions. As the attending therapist, recommend a model of intervention, and how he may also benefit from other modalities in order to overcome some of the limitations of the chosen model. You can assume that you are a trained psychotherapist and engaged to support Andrew.
What is expected:
1. Apply a therapeutic model for the case study and clearly describe the basic therapeutic processes involved in treating his condition. Explain the stages and the processes involved. For simplicity, the stages can be divided into early, middle, and late stages.
2. Critique the recommended approach.
3. Describe how other modalities can address or overcome the limitations of this approach.
4. Do provide a simple introduction and conclusion in this essay.
5. Do use clear paragraphing to identify and support your answers.
6. Correctly reference all works used in the creation of your essay
and provide a text citation of the location in your essay where you have used this work.
Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.