The Faculty has recently changed the thesis elaboration: theoretical part must be done and graded before the winter session, the practical – before the summer session.
Theory: from text book, Nelson, add informations from articles, studies from Medscape, NLM (National Library of Medicine)
References must be mentioned in ( … ) at the end of the phrase.
Reference list is in order of appearance, at the end of the thesis
Tables, figures if mentioned in text must have a title and in ( from… the name of the article, or the title of the book, author, year). Tables title is above and figures, photos title are below the image.
Clinical manifestations Sy, Signs
Lab tests: blood, cultures, imaging
Diagnosis: positive, differential
Data collection as inquiry and from medical record – EXAMPLE
Name Age (mo) 1.2.3…. Gender M, F x x…
Environment R (2), U(1)
Birth weight (grams)
Family history: allergy, immundeficiency, chronic respiratory diseases
Personal pathologic History: number of respiratory diseases, other infections, allergy
Gestational age (weeks)
Type of delivery: vaginal (1), C section (2), vacuum, other(3)
Feeding type – breast(1), formula(2), cows milk, mixed, complementary +/- correct(1), incorrect(2)
Presenting symptoms, : general (fever, malaise, poor feeding), respiratory sy and signs (breath rate, retractions, breath sound normal (1), increased (2), diminished(3); sat O2, other sy (rash, neurological modifications, diarrhea, vomitings, other…)
Radiology – interstitial, lobar, bronchopneumonia
Lab test –
– leucocytes count : 0 ( 10000/mmc); 1 (10000-20000), 3 ( 20000/mmc)
– CRP : 0 normal, 1 (5-30mg/l), 2 (30-60mg/l), 3 ( 60mg/l)
– Red blood cells : Hgb : 0 normal, 1 ( 9g/dl), 2 (6.1-9), 3 ( 6g/dl)
– Cultures +/-
Evolution of symptoms ; days to relief , disapear the sy
Name Age GD Environment BW Family history Personal pathologic history GA Delivery type CW FT Presenting symptoms and signs radiology Lab test
Evolution of symptoms
CRP L RBC CLT
I gave you a thesis as example how to make the personal contribution.
1. Hypothesis: is the presumption on which the thesis is based on; examples:
– maternal smoking influences in a negative way the infants growth and development
– feeding type determines different growth paterns
– gender or age are risk factors for…
– neonatal jaundice has different features according to…
– respiratory tract infections are more frequent in …if…, when…
– laboratory tests depend on the way of samples prelevation
– imaging is more inmportant for diff dg than clinical manifestations
2. The Objective of the thesis is to demonstrate what I presumed in the Hypothesis; examples:
– to demonstrate the influence of maternal smoking on the growth and health condition nof infants
– to proove that the feeding type…
3. Material and method: you have to describe the subjects and the way the study is conducted:
-in the study were included X infants of non smoker mothers who were compared to a control group of Y infants of non smoker mothers. The subjects were all admitted to the Pediatric III dept of the Clinical Municipal Hospital from Oradea, in a month period, for acute illnesses.
– data was collected by inquiry that was conducted during the admission in the hospital and also collected from medical files.
– study design: usually is retrospective and comparative , but you can have a retrospective descriptive one, too. Prospective studies mean that you start from this point on to follow up the subjects, after introducing a variable that you are going to control and to check.
– analysis realized with Med Calc programme, with the following tests…t Student test, chi square, correlation, comparison
In general: First part contains the individual description of the two groups, and the second part contains the comparison of them.
p 0.05 was considered significant
4. Results – simple presentation, no comments.
Short text to present the results, followed by a graph or a tabel , both with numbers. Title for graph is below and for table is above it.
Example: the children included in the study had the following age (tab no 1, chart no 1). There are significantly more boys than girls among the newborns (chi square=, p=0.02), but infants rate is reversed (chi square, p=0.04).
Tab no 1. Distribution of cases according to age
Age boys girls
neonate 4 2
1-3 mo 2 2
Chart no 1. Distribution of infants according to…
5. Discussions – includes brief synthesis of the results, comments, comparisson with other author’s results (mentioned in the theoretical part), you can underline the original results you have obtained, other than they are mentioned in the consulted reference list.
In the end you can also underline that your results are available because you respected a correct selection of the subjects and you did correct statistical analysis
6. Conclusions – short sentences of the most relevant results
– boys are significantly more frequently at risk for…
– neonatal jaundice is usually associated with….
– maternal smoking is more likely to be noted in low income families
– regurgitations are significantly more frequent in prematures
– low birth weight is associated with ….
– the outcome of (variable)… is …
If you are not allowed to enter the hospital, then practical part becomes a review of the previously published articles, studies, researches. These must be described in the same order, such as you have objective, mat, results, concl, just using the other authors results.
Titles for thesis
1. – risk factors for urinary tract infection in infants
2. – severe infection types in infants
3. – maternal smoking influence on the feeding of infants
4. – maternal smoking influence on the health condition of infants
5. – maternal smoking influence on the growth of the infants
6. – causes of neonatal jaundice
7. – the importance of clinical manifestations in the diagnose of food intolerance
8. – feeding errors that lead to food intolerance
9. – laboratory investigations in food intolerance
10. – atypical manifestations of pneumonia in infants
11. – clinical manifestations in acute pneumonia in infants
12. clinical manifestations in acute bronchiolitis in infants
13. -the importance o imaging for differential dg of acute pneumonia in infants
14. – growth patterns of infants according to feeding type
15. – functional digestive disorders in infants
16. -acute diarrhea with Rotavirus in infants
17. -the importance of a well conducted diet in acute diarrhea
18. –the breastfeeding technique, as it is done in our region
19. the bottle feeding technique, as it is realized in our geographical area
20. – the feeding diversification habits in our geographical area
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.