***Make a Comment***In July 2021, a major disaster was declared for the state of Arizona related to severe storms and flooding across multiple counties; this event was a federally declared disaster by the President of the United States (Federal Emergency Management Agency, 2021). The four phases of emergency management include mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery (National Association of Counties [NAC], 2017). The mitigation phase takes place primarily before a disaster has occurred. Because Arizona is prone to heavy monsoon rainstorms and subsequent flooding, the mitigation activities for this emergency should have included an analysis of particularly vulnerable areas, floodplain management, emergency drills, and public education and outreach (NACO, 2017). The preparedness phase should include a comprehensive emergency management plans specific to each county and its needs during a flood disaster, development of mutual aid and collaborative working groups to establish good communication that will prove critical during an emergency, training and emergency exercises for professionals, and maintenance of critical supplies for use in flood disasters (NACO, 2017). Activities during the response phase for a flood disaster should include an early response coordination at the first sign of significant flooding; activation of and communication among emergency medical services, public health officials, community agencies, and emergency management offices; early evacuation of residents and animals in areas at imminent risk of flooding, and ensuring availability of critical services, such as emergency medical services; triage of injured or ill persons; and search and rescue of missing or deceased persons (NACO, 2017). Finally, the recovery phase refers to the period of immediate aftermath of the disaster in which critical services and infrastructure, such as power, water, sewer, natural gas, law enforcement, government, and other services, are restored; debris is cleaned and removed; temporary housing is set up for those who have been displaced; and mitigation for the next disaster is begun again (NACO, 2017).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.