“The Worst Mistake”. In class we asked if the Neolithic revolution a “good idea” in terms the welfare of individual humans. One point of view is argued by Jared Diamond in “The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race (Links to an external site.)” while food historian Rachel Laudan disagrees (Links to an external site.). Read both essays and write two paragraphs. In the first, select one specific point from Diamond and summarize how Laudan responds to that point. In the second paragraph, set out your view on which argument is most persuasive. You shouldn’t just say “well this feels better to me” – actually try to make an argument. In which circumstances do you think Diamond is right, in which cases Laudan? Do we need more data to make a decision or are the variabilities within each group too great to even make a blanket distinction? Are we even arguing about the most important facts? I should stress that no-one actually gets to “choose” either option. People, for the most part, live in the food system their society uses.
Rubric: 6 points for completing the assignment (all the required elements present – two paragraphs each clearly on topic) with the remaining 4 points for the quality of your argument in the last paragraph. “Quality of argument” meaning clearly thought through and expressed rather than persuasively written.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.