Sensation & PerceptionRecall that sensation and perception are distinct processes. Sensation involves absorbing information from physical stimuli in the environment through the senses, which then translate the information into neural signals that can be used by the brain. Perception occurs when the brain selects, organizes, and interprets this information according to specific rules in order to construct a meaningful experience of the environment.Let’s consider vision as an example. Revisit the distinction between sensory and perceptual processes by looking at one of the well-known optical illusions we encountered in class (e.g., Ponzo, Mueller-Lyer). How does this illusion demonstrate the rules and principles our brain uses to organize and interpret the information presented in a stimulus? For vision, these rules might include depth cues, Gestalt principles, expectations, prior experiences, and various types of top-down or bottom-up processing.In a multi-paragraph essay, describe an illusion you have experienced–one that you have either seen, heard, smelled, felt, or tasted. Then elaborate on what this illusion illustrates about the relationship between sensation and perception. Include details from class materials, readings, and research to support your discussion.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.