This assignment is an individual assignment.Due date for Assignment 2 is 3/06/2023The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.Late submission will NOT be accepted.Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Logistics ManagementASSIGNMENT -2Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 11thPlace of Submission: Students Grade CentreWeight: 15 MarksLearning Outcome:1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain management and logistics practice.2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.3. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.Assignment Workload:This assignment is an individual assignment.Critical ThinkingThe global marketplace has witnessed increased pressure from customers and competitors in manufacturing as well as the service sector (Basu, 2001; George, 2002). Due to the rapidly changing global marketplace, only those companies will be able to survive that will deliver products of good quality at a cheaper rate to achieve their goal companies try to improve performance by focusing on cost-cutting, increasing productivity levels, and quality and guaranteeing deliveries in order to satisfy customers (Raouf, 1994).Increased global competition leads the industry to increase efficiency by means of economies of scale and internal specialization so as to meet market conditions in terms of flexibility, delivery performance and quality (Yamashina, 1995). The changes in the present competitive business environment are characterized by profound competition on the supply side and keen indecisive in customer requirements on the demand side. These changes have left their distinctive marks on the different aspect of the manufacturing organizations (Gomes et al., 2006). With this increasingly global economy, cost-effective manufacturing has become a requirement to remain competitive.To meet all the challenges organizations, try to introduce different manufacturing and supply techniques. Management of organizations devotes their efforts to reducing manufacturing costs and improving the quality of the product. To achieve this goal, different manufacturing and supply techniques have been employed. The last quarter of the 20th century witnessed the adoption of world-class, lean and integrated manufacturing strategies that have drastically changed the way manufacturing firms leads to improvement of manufacturing performance (Fullerton and McWatters, 2002).Read textbook chapter 7 or secondary data on the internet and answer the following questions.Question:1.Differentiate between lean Thinking and the JIT model. Why have Manufacturing Companies adopted Lean Thinking and the JIT model? (3.5 Marks)2.Briefly describe major types of Waste, out of all types of waste which one is the biggest waste companies must keep in mind during production. (3.5 Marks)3.What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users for using lean thinking? Assess the reasons (suitable examples), (3.5 Marks)4.The arrival of artificial intelligence. The agile supply chain is a perfect concept for future SCM? Give reasons with suitable examples. (3.5 Marks)5.Reference ((1.0 Marks))Each answer should be within the limit of 250- 300 words.The Answer must follow the outline points below:Lean Thinking and JIT ConceptAgile Supply chainTheir Main functionsReasons with suitable ExamplesReferenceAns 1:300-400Ans 2:300-400Ans 3:300-400Ans 4:300-400
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.