Attached.1Project on Pressure UlcerStudent’s NameInstitutional AffiliationCourse Name and NumberInstructor’s NameDue Date2Pressure UlcerPressure ulcers, bedsores, or pressure sores are skin injuries or injuries to the underlyingtissue, usually resulting from lengthy pressure on the skin. Even though pressure ulcers canaffect anyone, they are more common among people confined to beds or sitting on wheelchairsor chairs for a long time. They affect any body part under pressure, including heels, the spinebase, elbows, and hips. In most cases, pressure ulcers develop gradually. However, they can alsodevelop in a few hours. Pressure ulcers are the third most costly health problem aftercardiovascular diseases and cancers. Further, pressure ulcers are associated with around 60,000annual mortalities globally. This short essay will explain the global incidence and prevalence ofpressure ulcers for the past five years by conducting a systematic study of six articles.Incidence and Prevalence of Pressure Ulcer Globally for the Past 5 YearsResearch shows pressure ulcers are a considerable challenge and burden to the globalhealthcare industry. According to Al Mutairi and Hendrie (2018), the prevalence and incidenceof pressure ulcers are from 1.1% to 26.7 and 0% to 29%, respectively. Such a considerable gapshows that people in some countries are at a higher risk than others. Similar rates are reported inthe study by Shiferaw et al. (2020). According to the findings, pressure ulcers are a considerableburden to patients with spinal cord injury, with the prevalence of the healthcare condition rated at32.36% globally. However, the prevalence is higher among patients in Africa at 41.19%. Thesefindings show that even though the rate of pressure ulcers among patients with spinal cord injuryis high globally, it is higher in some countries calling for country context-specific preventiveinterventions.From the findings by Shiferaw, Aynalem, and Akalu (2020), pressure ulcers are amongthe five common causes of patient harm. The global prevalence of this health condition is rated3at 14.8% but a bit higher at 18.5% in acute care settings. However, a vast gap is noted byconsidering the disease’s prevalence in various countries. For instance, the prevalence amonghospitalized patients is 19.3% in Tunisia, 18.7% in Brazil, 18.2% in Norway, 17.23% in subSaharan Africa, 14.9% in Sweden, 10.1% in Sao Paulo, 3.3% in Turk, 3.22% in SouthwestNigeria, and 1.58% in China. These differences are linked to diverse contributing factors indifferent countries, including the patient’s condition, healthcare delivery system, and healthcareproviders.According to Borojeny et al. (2020), the global incidence rate of pressure ulcers variesfrom 4% to 38%, with the mortality rate among older people at 68%. Based on these findings, alot of money is spent on preventing and treating pressure ulcers. For instance, the annual sendingin the US is around $11 billion. Further, Siotos et al. (2022) note that the global prevalence ofpressure ulcers is 12.8%, while the incidence of hospital-acquired pressure injury is 8.4%. Inaddition, the prevalence increases in acute care settings globally, at 18.5%. From the studyconducted by Amini et al. (2022), the global rate of pressure ulcers among admitted patients isbetween 3% and 53%, with a higher rate in underdeveloped and less developed countries. Fromthe literature review, the researchers reported that while Germany reported a prevalence ofbetween 2% and 5%, African countries had a prevalence of 44%.Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Regarding Pressure UlcerSince pressure ulcers are preventable, patient care is recommended to be improved toreduce the risk of development. According to Borojeny et al. (2020), patients…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.