The Caloric Content of Food
Experimental Report AT(T) = Tr (°C) — CC) Temperature change:(Equation 2)Calculate the change in temperature (as shown in Equation 2 above) of the water °I each combusted food item and report this difference in Table 1.CheetosProtein PuffsBaked Puffs
Food Cheetos Puffs Heat released (in calories I g) Heat released per g (in Food Calories) Expected Food Calories from Macronutrients Percent Error (%) Protein Puffs Baked Puffs
3. In your calculation, you assumed that all the heat released by the combusted food item was absorbed by the water. Do you think this is true or not? If it is not true, would this tend to make your estimated calories too big or too small?
4. The night shift nurse at Northside hospital administers 255 mL of an IV solution of glucose whose concentration is 5.00 % m/V ( 5.00 g glucose in 100 mL solution). Calculate the kilocalories of energy that is provided to this patient. Carbohydrate – 4 kcal/g Fat – 9 kcal/gProtein – 4 kcal/g
1. Using information on the nutrition label of the food sample, calculate the Cal/gram. (Divide Calories per serving by the number of grams in a serving.) Report this quantity (in Food Calories) in Column 3 of Table 2.lEx-perunentall’alue—ExpectedValuei Percent Error (%) = x 100 Expected Value(Equation 3)
2. Calculate the percent error (use Equation 3 above) [(Column 3 – Column2)/(Column 3)*100]. Report this percentage in Column 4 of Table 2.CheetosProtein Puffs
Convert the scientific calories above in Column 1 of Table 2 into food Calories and report this value in Column 2 of Table 2. 1 Cal (food) = 1000 cal (scientific) = 1 kcal (scientific).Protein PuffsBaked Puffs
Divide the energy calculated above for each food sample by the corresponding mass of food consumed (Table 1). This provides the heat released per gram of food. Record this energy value (in calories / g) in Table 2, Column 1.CheetosProtein PuffsBaked Puffs
Table 1: Water temperature before and after food combustionFood Mass of Water for each sample (g) Mass of Food Sample + Stand (g) Ti (°C) Tf (°C) C AT (°C) Mass of Burned Sample + Stand (g) Mass of Food y 1 Consumed(g) Cheetos Puffs Protein Puffs Baked Puffs
Heat Calculation: Using the temperature change (AT) and mass of water from Table 1, and the specific heat capacity of water (1.00 cal/WC) and Equation 1, determine the quantity of heat (q) released by combusting each food. Note this is the same as heat absorbed by water.CheetosProtein Puffs
Calculate the change in mass (as shown in Equation 3 above) of the food item and report this difference in Table 1.CheetosProtein PuffsBaked Puffs
Table 1: Water temperature before and after food combustion
Using the temperature change (AT) and mass of water from Table 1, and the specific heat capacity of water (1.00 cal/WC) and Equation 1, determine the quantity of heat (q) released by combusting each food.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.