Walton-Fisette/Wuest: Foundations of Physical Education, Exercise, Science, And Sport, 20e
). Review the latest Race and Gender Report Cards. Discuss your findings relative to hiring practices and representation in different sport organizations.
5. Are eSports really sport?
6. Discuss each of the talking points identified in the social justice box in the text. In addition, what other issues related to social justice need to be addressed as they relate to careers in sport? What specific steps could you take to address issues related to social justice?
7. Discuss each of the trends identified in the current trends box in the text. What is one trend you see today in related to careers in sport that will impact you and/or your career path in the future?
These activities are designed to help students determine if they have mastered the materials and competencies presented in this chapter.
1. Blogging is a popular way for professionals and fans to share news on what is happening in sports. Using one of the free blogging sites, create a blog on a specific theme or sport, adding at least four posts on your topic. Share your blog with other people in your class and invite them to comment.
2. If possible, interview individuals working in sport management positions. Ask each person to define his or her responsibilities and the skills that are the most helpful in the performance of the job. Determine the entry-level positions in this area. Ask each individual for suggestions about advancing to top-level managerial positions in the field.
3. Discuss the positive and negative aspects of pursuing a performance career. Since performance careers may be of short duration, how can individuals prepare for another career after the culmination of their performance career? Select one professional athlete in any sport and research his or her background. Trace the athlete’s career path, starting from their beginning interest in the sport to the current time. Be sure to include information about the athlete’s education.
4. Using the information provided in the Get Connected box, locate an article on a topic of interest related to sport management, sport media, dance, officiating, or athletics. Write a brief summary of the article, identifying five key points and what you have learned.
5. Select a game to watch, either live or on TV. Use Twitter or another microblogging site to follow a game, sending out tweets to keep your classmates informed of the game’s action.
Copyright ©2021 McGraw-Hill Education. All rights reserved. No reproduction or distribution without the prior written consent of McGraw-Hill Education
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.