ACCT 326 Writing Assignment #1
Managing in a global, digital society requires accountants to pay close attention to information. One of the reasons accountants have to pay close attention to information is because management will use the information presented by accountants for making crucial decisions. Finally, accountants must have the correct skills to perform this and other key functions.
Required Readings (see below)
Management Misinformation Systems (Russell L. Ackoff)
Ackoff Management Misinformation Systems.pdf
CPA Horizons 2025 Report (AICPA)
CPA Horizon Report.pdf
Competency Framework IMA.pdf
Financial Management for the Future
Financial Management for The Future.pdf
World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum 2020.pdf
Section I (Information Management Today): Roughly 50 years ago, Russell Ackoff wrote about the importance, or lack of importance, of information that management needs in “Ackoff’s Management Information System” (see ). After reading the article, you will analyze how each assumption applies or does not apply to our society today. Treat each assumption separately in your analysis. As part of your response, provide a specific example for each assumption.
Section II (Information Management Revisited): After reading the Ackoff article, you will revise each of 5 assumptions to reflect a global, digital society. You will provide a summary (at least four sentences) that describe each revised assumption in detail and how they reflect our global, digital society.
Section III (Framework for Information Management): You will review the CPA Horizons Report and the Competency Framework (see ). After reviewing the reports, you will describe how these reports will help accountants to provide their managers with the right information at the right time in the right format.
Section IV (Skills): Take a moment to skim through the World Economic Forum report (see ). Pay close attention to the “Pilar III – People” section. After reviewing this report and the Financial Management in the Future report (see ) , identify and discuss three skills that accountants are lacking that limits their ability to produce the right information for management and users. NOTE: One of the skills you propose must be one that addresses the advances in technology (see the Financial Management in the Future for a reference to advances in technology).
Section V (Conclusion): Explain how your degree from UMGC and this class will help you to be a better person that ‘embraces the future’ and ‘creates value’ for your firm, based upon the key themes covered in this assignment.
• Page Length: Your response should not exceed eight pages (double-spaced) or four pages (single-spaced). No separate Cover Page or Title Page is needed; however, you must include the title of your assignment as a heading on the first page. Note that the reference page and appendix, if provided are excluded from the page count.
• References: You will need to include at least four literary references and at least four in-text citations to support your paper. These references must be related directly to the topics covered in the paper. References & citations must be properly formatted as noted below.
• Headings: You will need to use headings (short, brief, and centered) to separate each area of your paper. Your headings should have an appropriate title, not something like Section IV.
• Margins & Font Sizes: Use standard margins (minimum .5″; maximum 1.5″) and standard font size (minimum 10 point; maximum 12 point) in your paper.
• Writing Style: APA7 is the preferred writing style. Please consult the UMGC Effective Writing Center (http://www.umgc.edu/writingcenter/index.cfm) for assistance regarding formatting your paper and references via APA7.
Revision – Summer 2021
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.