400 to 600 words
Respond to the scenario below with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Eddison Electronic Company (EEC) provides electricity for several states in the United States. You have been employed as a cost accountant at this organization. The Operations department is thinking about making a capital investment this current year. Prepare a memo to the VP of Accounting at EEC that answers the questions below based on the following criteria:
EEC expects to save $500,000 per year for the next 10 years by purchasing the supplier.
EEC’s cost of capital is 14%.
EEC believes it can purchase the supplier for $2 million.
In your memo to the VP of Accounting, answer the following questions:
What are the advantageous and disadvantages to each investing method (NPV, IRR, or payback period)?
Which of the methods (NPV, IRR, or payback period) should EEC use, and why?
Would your answer be the same if EEC’s cost of capital were 25%? Why or why not?
Would your answer be the same if EEC did not save $500,000 per year as anticipated?
What would be the least amount of savings that would make this investment attractive to EEC?
Based on your calculations, should EEC acquire the supplier? Why or why not?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.