Snyder v. Phelps, 462 US 443 (2011) involved members of the Westboro Baptist Church picketing at the funeral of Marine Lance Corporal Matthew Snyder. Please read the decision by clicking on the case name and give a summary of the facts of the case, the issue, the Court’s decision and whether or not you agree with the court’s legal reasoning. In oral argument, Justice Scalia questions the applicability of the “fighting words” doctrine enunciated in Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 315 U. S. 568 (1942). Despite Scalia’s discussion, the doctrine is dismissed in a footnote in the majority opinion and barely mentioned in the concurring opinion. Please watch the video and answer these questions.
Please define and explain the doctrine. Could/should it have been applied in this case? Is there another analysis that the Court could have made which would result in a different outcome? Do you agree with the outcome of this case? What other free speech cases has the Court decided and do you agree with them?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.