For this assignment, you will research a genetic disorder and create a presentation about the disorder. Choose from one of the following disorders:
Sickle Cell Disease
In your presentation, after you identify and briefly describe the disorder, you should address the following topics:
What causes this disorder
The genes/chromosomes that are involved
Is the disorder inherited?
Role of dominant or recessive genes
Any influence from the environment? (Address if/how nature vs. nurture applies to this disorder)
Is this diagnosed in utero? How?
How the disorder affects prenatal development
How the disorder affects postnatal development
Please include slides for each of these bullet points. For example, even if there is no influence from the environment, you should still have a slide that explains that there is no influence from the environment. All of these bullet points need to be addressed in the presentation and clearly labeled at the top of each slide. (See the rubric below. Each criteria is worth up to 3 points, for a total of 18 possible points.)
Your presentation should be at least 10- to 15-slides in length, and should include pictures or diagrams. You are welcome to use PowerPoint, Prezi, or another presentation tool of your choice. Be sure to cite your sources, both for your written information and for any images. All sources must be cited using APA-formatted in-text citations, with a reference slide at the end. Some good sources of information include:
When you are finished, submit your presentation here. After you have submitted it here, go to the Genetic Disorders Presentation Discussion and post your presentation, so that you can share it with the class. Read at least one other classmate’s presentation (on a disorder different from the one you researched), and respond to it. This discussion activity is worth an additional 2 points, for a total of 20 points possible for this assignment
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.