Scenario: You are interviewing for a position as a law enforcement officer who is expected to interact regularly with juveniles and adults. The hiring committee wants to choose a candidate who can write clearly and who demonstrates a solid understanding of standard procedures in the juvenile versus criminal justice systems.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing the procedures that law enforcement officers and courts should follow when interacting with juveniles versus adults during the stages of intake, prosecution, adjudication, and disposition.
Choose 1 of the following videos from the University Library of a court session to use as an example scenario for this assignment:
Rodrick: Juvenile Court in Session
Morris: Juvenile Court in Session
Kenneth: Juvenile Court in Session
Kymyada: Juvenile Court in Session
Complete the following in your paper:
Summarize the case you chose and the legal issues facing the juvenile and the court.
Define the role and key parameters of the juvenile justice system.
Explain the function of juvenile vs. adult courts.
Summarize the court’s philosophy of juvenile justice used in this case.
Explain how law enforcement and the courts might have interacted differently with this person as a juvenile than if he or she had been an adult.
Summarize the rights and confidentiality protections that exist for this juvenile that are not the same for adults. Use the State Profiles from the National Juvenile Defender Center and include at least 1 policy specific to your state that would be relevant in this case.
Which community-based program do you think will be best suited to assist the troubled youth in your chosen scenario to help prevent further crimes? Justify your suggestions based on history, trends, causation theories, and the potential for reform. Use current statistics and data to support your claims.
Use language and terms appropriate for each justice system when comparing juveniles versus adults.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.