Someone pursuing a future as a psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner should make understanding the details of the healthcare delivery system a priority. By developing a deep understanding of how the American healthcare system works, healthcare providers and prescribers can best cater to their individual patients based on their insurance coverage. Although the Affordable Care Act sought to ensure that all Americans receive reasonably priced and adequate health coverage, years later there are, unfortunately, still millions of Americans uninsured, and those who are insured may experience great variability with what their plans cover. Furthermore, with millions of uninsured people becoming newly insured, as well as policy changes varying with presidential administrations, many Americans may have difficulty understanding their health coverage benefits and limits. It is important for health care providers to have a thorough understanding of this system so that they can educate their patients, individualize their treatment, and advocate on their behalf (McGee & Breslin, 2021). Another reason why it is important for nurse practitioners to fully understand the healthcare delivery system is because it varies from state to state. Depending where a provider lives, his or her ability to render the care he or she aims to provide may be hindered or supported. For example, providers may encounter struggles working with individuals with substance use disorders in states that did not expand Medicaid. Prescribers in these states have reported more difficulty in prescribing buprenorphine for the purpose of treating opioid use disorder. Therefore, it is important for prescribers to develop an understanding of the healthcare delivery system at both federal and state levels (Knudsen & Studts, 2017).
Knudsen, H.K. & Studts, J.L. (2017). Perceived impacts of the Affordable Care Act:
Perspectives of buprenorphine prescribers. Journal of psychoactive drugs, 49(2), 111–121. https://ift.tt/3FMvdzd
McGee, B.T. & Breslin, S.E. (2021). The Affordable Care Act 10 years in: What nursing
leaders should know. Nurse Leader, 19(1), 57-61. https://ift.tt/3DCibUe
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.