The goal of the project is to implement a “prototype” database system application / ERD diagram for an eCommerce social-network system called UCOnline where users can explore information about books/music/software, rate your purchase, identify purchase price and see ratings of their friends.
The project will require you to complete the assignment individually. Below you will find the ERD deliverable requirements. There are two parts to the assignment. You must create a diagram using a diagramming tool AND provide a written text-based document explaining your relationship mapping (systems analysis use case document).
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS ACROSS ALL ASSIGNMENTS
You will work with book/music/media information, user information, ratings of books, and users’ social network
Each book has an id, title, publication date, publisher, ISBN, functional category, page count, price (publisher), and product description
There are 3 categories of book: fiction, non-fiction, and specialty
There are 2 categories of music: digital and media-based
An author can write one or more books.
A musician can be a solo artist, part of a group, or both
An author can also be associated with one or more publishers.
A musician/group/act can be associated with one or more music houses
An author’s book can have one or more editions.
A song and or album can have more than one version/edition (i.e. EP, LP, CD, DVD etc)
A publisher can have many authors and many books.
A record company can have many artists associated and many albums associated with it.
A record company can also be the publishing company (i.e. self-publishing)
Many ISBNs can also be associated with a given publisher but only one ISBN per form of medium (ie the ISBN is the PK no matter what).
An author can write many books.
An artist can write many songs, albums etc.
UCOnline needs to keep track of user ratings for each item sold in the online store (e.g., 1-5 and 1 for ‘Dislike’, to 5, for ‘Awesome!’).
A particular user rates a particular item at a given time.
A user CANNOT rate the same multiple times unless there are multiple editions of the item. Each edition can be rated separately.
Each user who submits a rating will be identified by a unique id and has a name, gender, age, and location. Nothing is anonymous.
There is also a social network between users. Users can send communication requests (i.e. instant messages/emails) to other users. Such requests can be accepted or ignored. Once accepted, the two users are considered ‘book buddies.’ If ignored, the user can send the request again. We want to add a store when the requests were sent (timestamp), the result of the requests and when the request was answered (timestamp).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.