This problem set uses Alaska Air Group, Inc. as the basis for ALL questions. To start, go to the airline’s investor relations page and get its latest annual report (10-K).
1. Using the firm’s selected financial data:
a. Make a table showing the income statement (in million $). Note that any expenses that do not have their own specific line listed should be grouped under “All other expenses”. The net income lines must tie using formulas.
b. Use the table created to create a common size income statement (as a % of operating revenues for that year).
c. Show year-on-year (YoY, in %) growth
d. What happened to the profit margins?
e. What are the actual tax rates?
2. Using the operating stats, what is the YoY growth rate for: a. Yield?
b. Operating expense per available seat mile (CASM)? c. Revenue passenger miles (RPMs)?
d. Fuel price ($/gallon)?
e. Considering the above, what factors, other than the pandemic, do you think are
3. Using the firm’s balance sheets, show:
a. Balance sheets as shown (in million $); show only net property & equipment lines.
b. Common size balance sheets.
c. Are there any outliers in the balance sheets that you think merit mentioning?
d. For these years, what is the net working capital position? Current ratio? Quick ratio? Total debt ratio? Return on assets (ROA)? Return on equity (ROE)? What is the latest p/e ratio (use Yahoo Finance)?
4. Using the Statement of Cash Flows, which items stand out to you and why?
5. Go to the carrier snapshot section in the Bureau of Transportation Statistics of the U.S. Department of Transportation: https://ift.tt/3Dz8ZPZ
a. What are the top three markets by share? b. What happened to passenger yields?
c. What happened to costs per ASM?
d. What do you think this means for the bottom line? e. What are the top three city pairs?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.