This week you will begin creating the SPSS database that will be used to store and analyze your assessment data. It is very important to set up the variables correctly before the data are entered.
View the two videos, Setting up the Database 1 and Setting up the Database 2 for an example of how a database is created.
Your database should contain the following variables:
Participant ID number.
Group (applicable only if you will be comparing two or more groups for a single program, such as a treatment group and a control group).
Demographic variables (such as age, sex, and any other demographic variables that are important for your population).
Assessment instrument items for one entire instrument (pre and post).
Assessment instrument totals for remaining assessment instruments (pre and post).
Please note that, if you were creating a database for an actual agency, each item of each assessment instrument would be a separate variable. For the purposes of this course, you will need to select one assessment instrument for one of your programs and create a variable for every item on the measure in the database. For the remaining assessment instruments for the two programs, you only need to enter a total score for each subscale. If there are no subscales, then just create a variable for the total score for the measure.
For this discussion, submit the beginning of your SPSS database including numbers 1 through 4 above as well as at least a few items from number 5 above. Use this discussion to clarify any issues related to setting up the variables in the database. Also attach the instruments that are being used for each program. If you are not able to obtain an actual instrument, provide a description of the instrument that explains the items, measurement scale, and scoring instructions. Provide a full reference for each instrument used in each of the two programs.
The SPSS database containing all of the variables will be submitted for your Week 1 assignment.
*Notes: Avoid first person verbiage and write in third person, no direct quotes, and do not give possession to in-text citations or inanimate objects. I am doing children anxiety treatment program age 3 to 11 and adult opiate substance program aged 65 and older for drug abuse use the ASI items D1 through D13 past 30 days and 10 panel urine test. The book is Evaluation Fundamentals chapter 7 Author Arlene Finks
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.