Introduction to courts- access to justiceOur judicial system is known as an ‘adversarial’ one in most instances. There are two sides representing the interests of the state or plaintiff and the interests of the defendant. As you may imagine, the law is complex as is the process to access justice. This is why there are lawyers, people who specialize and receive extensive, ongoing training in legal practice. Not only is knowledge of the law, statutes, case law, and the language of the law necessary, many lay people are not familiar with the process to begin with. This is one of the reasons why defendants in criminal cases are legally entitled to zealous representation in their case.Additionally, attorneys can be expensive, billing upwards of several hundred dollars per hour. Legal fees associated with a case can run thousands of dollars, including the court administration costs, paralegal research costs, materials, among other expenses. Some cases are fairly simple matters and may not require a comprehensive understanding of the law or process, so many people choose to represent themselves, such as in small claims court cases. A number of people choose to self-represent in family law cases, though that type of law is arguably more complex. There is a Constitutional right to zealous representation for defendants in criminal cases during their original trial and one appeal, but this right does not apply in civil cases. An inexperienced lawyer or self-represented person may unduly clutter the court docket with meritless filings, incorrect pleadings, or otherwise, in good faith or otherwise. This can cost precious time, cost, and effort resources for the courts and may not provide ‘fair’ access to justice in the eyes of the litigants.With this in mind, do you believe that people should be allowed to self-represent? Do you think that there should be more resources dedicated to helping self-represented people participate in the judicial process (short of appointing them an attorney)? What kind of resources might those be? What do you think the consequences are of having one or two parties self-represented to the case outcome and the court process? What do you believe the benefits might be?Discuss your rationale in no fewer than 400 words (juchost shy of two double-spaced pages)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.