Chapter 18 Discussion
Ed Beatty is a 52-year-old client with a history of chronic renal insufficiency who presents to the medical clinic reporting a severe sore throat. He is diagnosed with a streptococcal pharyngitis. He is informed by the primary care provider that he will be treated with an IM injection of penicillin G. (Learning Objectives 2, 3, and 9)
1. What information should be collected from Mr. Beatty before the administration of the penicillin G?
2. Mr. Beatty asks why he cannot receive the medication in oral form. How should the nurse respond?
3. Describe the equipment that the nurse should have available before administering the medication to Mr. Beatty. Why is this necessary?
4. After receiving the penicillin G, Mr. Beatty experiences cardiac arrest. He is successfully resuscitated. Discuss the potential causes of the cardiac arrest.
5. Mr. Beatty has recovered from the arrest and the nurse is preparing his discharge teaching. What information related to the penicillin G should the nurse include?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.