PRESENT VALUE AND BOND VALUATION Case 2
Case AssignmentDownload the Case 2 Template. You will type your answers into this document. Save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox.
Note that you will get partial credit if you show your work even if the answers are incorrect.
1. Compute the future value for the following:a. $2,000 after being invested for two years in a savings account with 3% interest rateb. $5,000 after being invested for ten years in a savings account with a 1% interest ratec. $3,500 after being invested for nine years in a savings account with an 11% interest rate
2. Compute the present value for the following:a. $3,000 to be paid in one year with a 9% discount rateb. $3,000 to be paid in three years with a 9% discount ratec. $4,000 to be paid in ten years with a 5% discount rate
3. Compute the present value for the following:a. An investment that will pay you $1,000 in one year, another $1,000 in two years, and a third payment of $1,000 in three years (e.g., three payments of $1,000 to be paid once a year for three years). The discount rate is 4%.
b. The same three $1,000 payments as in part a) above, but with a 6% discount ratec. An investment that will pay you $2,000 in one year, another $1,500 in two years, and a third payment of $3,000 in three years. The discount rate is 4%.
4. Compute the value of the following bonds assuming a 3% discount rate (required rate of return):
a. A zero-coupon bond that pays $1,000 in five years
b. A bond that pays $1,000 in five years, with five annual coupon payments of $20 each
c. What is the coupon rate if coupon payments are $20 per year? At what discount rate would the value of the bond be “at par” (e.g., be worth $1,000?). Explain your reasoning.
5. This part of the assignment is purely conceptual with no computations required. Explain the following with references to the required readings:
a. What is likely to happen to interest rates if the rate of inflation suddenly increases?
b.Suppose there are two bonds each with coupon payments of $50. The first bond pays $1,000 in five years, and the other one pays $1,000 in ten years. If interest rates increased, would the value of the bonds increase or decrease? Which of the two bonds would have their value change more after the increase in interest rates? Explain your reasoning.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.