Step 2: Buddhism Discussion Board PostInitial posts for every discussion board topic are expected to engage with the textbook for this course, World Religions for Healthcare Professionals. (Links to an external site.) This book should be cited in every discussion board post. Citations of the e-learning modules are appropriate, too, and they should be cited in one of the various ‘website’ formats from whichever citation style you prefer (APA, MLA, etc.).Your initial post should be 500 words minimum and there is no word maximum. Please engage with your peers’ responses by submitting at least 2 replies to their posts. A works cited page and appropriate quotations are a requirement for every initial post, but they are not necessary for peer replies.Buddhism Discussion Board NarrativeA thirty-year-old female presented to the emergency department with intense leg pain after she slipped down a flight of stairs. The patient had no prior health history, lived alone, and identified as Buddhist on her intake form. Upon admission, the patient tearfully expressed to the nurse that, on a scale of one-ten, her level of pain was a ten. The nurse conveyed this to the physician who suspected that she had a fractured femur after initial examination. The doctor placed orders for pain medication as well as X-rays.When the patient heard this plan, she responded: “I will not take any Western drugs.” The doctor asked the patient what she meant by her comment and she clarified that her tradition “did not permit any form of intoxication,” even if Westerners call it “medicine.”Questions for Reflection:How might the provider solicit more information about the patient’s reservations regarding medication and its potential psychoactive side effects?What spiritual and non-pharmacological practices do some Buddhists utilize to navigate pain?How could the provider and interdisciplinary team address the patient’s pain?Two weeks later, this provider cares for another Buddhist patient who is very willing to take pain medication for a similar injury. How do you make sense of this?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.