Assignment #5 – Analysis with Tableau
Background:The demand for college graduates with data analytics skills has exploded, while the tools and techniques are continuing to evolve and change at a rapid pace. This case illustrates how data analytics can be performed. As you analyze this case, you will be learning how to drill-down into a company’s sales data to gain a deeper understanding of the company’s sales and how this information can be used for decision-making.
This KAT Insurance Corporation data set is based on real-life data from a national insurance company. The data set contains more than 65,000 insurance sales records from 2017. All data and names have been anonymized to preserve privacy.
For each of the below requirements, complete the below steps and answer the corresponding questions.
Before loading your data to Tableau, review the Excel file (KAT-Data.xlsx). There are some typographical errors in the data set in the Region and Insurance Type fields. Find and correct these errors.
Briefly describe these errors to the right.
Load the data into Tableau.
Rank the states from the highest total insurance sales to lowest total insurance sales. Sort the data by sales, from highest to lowest.
a. Which state had the highest sales? What was the total dollar amount?
b. Which state had the lowest sales? What was the total dollar amount?
c. What is the average amount of insurance sold per state? Which state had the highest average policy amount? Which state had the lowest average policy amount?
d. How many insurance policies were sold in each state?
e. Do any states not meet the $850,000 minimum sales level?
(1 point for each a through e; 5 points total)
Rank the regions from the highest total insurance sales to lowest total insurance sales. Sort the data by sales, from highest to lowest.
a. Which region had the highest sales? What is the total dollar amount?
b. Which region had the lowest sales? What is the total dollar amount?
(2 point for each a and b; 4 points total)
Who is the leading salesperson in each region?
What is the total dollar amount sold for each type of insurance?
Create a graph to show total dollar amount of each type of insurance sold, by region. What does this graph show?
Create a map chart that shows total sales for each state. What can you surmise from this map chart?
Analyze all the information you have gathered or created in the preceding requirements. What trends or takeaways do you see? Explain.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.