Week 5 Discussion
Before beginning work on this unit’s discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this unit’s topic.
By the due date assigned, submit your answers to this Discussion Area. Post the assignment directly in the discussion thread and label the answers with the appropriate scenario number. Do not copy the scenarios into the thread with the answers. https://ift.tt/3nnBGsw Start reviewing and responding to your classmates as early in the week as possible. You should review and critique the work of other students, as outlined in the rubric by the end of the week.
Evaluate two of the scenarios listed below and explain the best solution for each. Include comments related to any ethical issues that arise. Support your responses with appropriate cases, laws and other relevant examples by using at least one scholarly source from the SUO Library in addition to your textbook for each scenario.
Scenario 1—International Trade
The Director of Purchasing for parts distribution company wants to purchase steel coach screws from Germany; however, he is not sure what the best option is. The director comes to you and asks your opinion. https://ift.tt/3E6U2Vr You know that Germany, Canada, and Korea are the best sources for obtaining this product. While your research shows coach screws from Germany are of the highest quality, the United States imposes a tariff of 12.5%, which makes this option noncompetitive.
Which US trade laws should you consider when selecting a country?
Is there any way by which you can seek a reduction on the tariff? If so, how? If not, why?
Select an alternative country (Canada or Korea) for purchasing the coach screws and explain your reasons for selecting the country.
Scenario 2 – Bribery
Slyce Pizza Company purchased four commercial refrigerators for the restaurants and eight pizza ovens from a supplier in Italy. Between the shipping costs, delays, and unanticipated duties, the purchasing manager was worried that his boss would be upset about the total costs. In an effort to reduce costs, the manager offered a US Customs officer $500 in cash to re-classify the imported goods to reduce the amount of duties owed.
Analyze the legal and ethical ramifications of the purchasing manager’s offer to the customs official?
Would it make a difference if the purchasing manager offered to donate $500 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital if the officer expedited the paperwork necessary to release the goods from custom’s custody?
Recycling Genie is a new company that contracts with Best Buy and other electronics retailers for the collection old computers, monitors, televisions, and cell phones dropped off at their facilities. The electronics contain lead, mercury, and polyvinyl chlorides that are known to have toxicological effects such as cancer, kidney disease, and brain damage. Recycling Genie has been in negotiations to ship the e-waste to companies in China, Vietnam, and Mongolia.
What are the legal and ethical concerns with shipping e-waste to these countries?
Ginger and Allen lived together in New Mexico since 2011, but they were not married until July 2013. Allen purchased the home in 2008, prior to meeting Ginger. He did not add Ginger to the title after they were married; however, https://ift.tt/3GaEIJj she contributed to the mortgage payments from 2011 until she started her business in 2013. In September 2013, Ginger inherited $55,000 from her father that she used to start a corporation, Fantastic Faces, a beauty consulting business
Ginger worked full time for Fantastic Faces, while Allen continued with his job teaching at the university. Allen made no contributions to Fantastic Faces. Due to limited financial resources, Ginger did not earn any salary until 2015.
In May 2013, Allen inherited 20 acres of farmland in Alabama from his grandfather. The land was leased to a local farmer. Allen visited the farm after the funeral in 2013 but did not return to Alabama. The rental income of $5,000 per year was deposited into the couple’s joint account. Allen filed for divorce in New Mexico on November 10, 2015.
Explain the how the court will determine the ownership of the house, farmland, and business based on New Mexico law.
Determine how the court would decide if the couple resided in your state instead of New Mexico.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.