Section 1: The Science of Psychology and Research Methods in Psychology
- Why is psychology considered a science? Discuss this in relation to one of the major approaches to the study of psychology covered in the texts.
- There are several types of bias that can affect the execution of psychological research. Identify one example of this and discuss one way in which research methodology can minimize the impact of this bias.
- There are four main scales of measurement: the nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales. For one (1) of these scales, describe the primary characteristics and provide an example of a research application of this scale in psychological research.
- Identify and discuss two (2) of the features that distinguish bad examples of psychological research from good examples of psychological research.
- Define what is meant by ‘operationalization’ in psychological research and give an example of an operational definition.
- Raykov and Marcoulides (2010) identify latent constructs as an important part of the behavioral and social sciences. Identify one type of latent construct studied in psychological research and discuss 2 of the challenges associated with the measurement of this construct.
- Why is it important to calculate measures of central tendency (e.g., the mean) and spread (e.g., the standard deviation) in statistics? Discuss at least 2 reasons.
- The spread of a data set is an important aspect of statistical analysis. Briefly describe how the variance is calculated and explain why the standard deviation is a preferred measure of spread compared to the variance.
Section 2: Psychometrics
- Objective tests are one category of the psychometric test described by Wellington (2008). Describe 2 features of an objective test and give an example of behavior or function this type of psychometric test might measure.
- Wellington (2008) discusses three myths about the assessment of IQ. Select one of these myths and discuss an example in which this myth could impact the testing of a person’s IQ level.
- Correlations and t-tests are two types of statistical techniques used to analyze psychometric data. Explain 2 differences between the application of these two techniques when they are used to analyze data.
- Define one form of validity in psychometric theory AND explain 2 reasons why evidence for this type of validity may improve a psychometric scale. **Note. Do not select face validity.
- Define one form of reliability in psychometric theory AND explain 2 reasons why evidence for this type of reliability may improve a psychometric scale.
- What are the 2 differences between reliability and validity? Explain why validity is more important than reliability in most cases of psychometric measurement.
- What is a program evaluation? Why would you want to conduct a program evaluation?
- Program evaluators can find themselves in ethical dilemmas because evaluations are associated with the expenditure of resources and provision of services. Provide two examples of ethical dilemmas that may arise during the course of an evaluation study.
Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.