HIST 1302 Summer 2022 Comparison Paper #4
At the end of each week, instead of doing an exam students will write a short comparison paper that evaluates two opposing perspectives on a topic. The goal of the paper is to evaluate both sides of the issue and to come to a conclusion about which side is more valid or convincing.
Which civil rights strategy was more effective: non-violent civil disobedience or radical militant protest? In your response address the goals, strategies, and achievements of each side.
The following documents are available in Perusall and should be used to craft your answer. Please note, the citations below are in Chicago Style and may be pasted into footnotes:
Black Panther Party for Self Defense. “10 Point Program,” BlackPast. 1966.
Carmichael, Stokely. “Black Power.” Speech, Berkeley, CA, October 29, 1966. BlackPast.https://ift.tt/1I0b4JY michael-black-power/
King, Martin Luther, Jr. Letter from Birmingham Jail (London: Penguin Classics, 2018).
King., Martin Luther, Jr. and William J. Powell. Integrated Bus Instructions (Montgomery: Montgomery Improvement
Association, 1956). Accessed from the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute.
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. “Statement of Purpose,” National Humanities Center. Accessed June 24, 2022. https://ift.tt/d0bEefC
X, Malcolm. “The Ballot or the Bullet.” Speech, Cleveland, Ohio, April 13, 1964. EdChange Multicultural Pavilion.
Each paper should follow the template below:
Provide a background to the time period or topic (this is the ONLY part of the paper that
may include information from the internet)
Provide a thesis statement that includes:
Which side of the argument is more convincing
Why that side is more convincing
Body Paragraph 1 – Examining the side you DISAGREE with
What is the argument of this side?
Provide 1-2 quotes that exemplify the beliefs of this side
Explain what these quotes mean or what their main argument is
Explain why this side is less convincing than the opposing side – incorporate details
from the lectures as necessary
Body Paragraph 2 – Examining the side you AGREE WITH
A. What is the argument of this side?
B. Provide 2-3 quotes that exemplify the beliefs of this side
C. Explain what these quotes mean or what their main argument is
D. Explain why this side is more convincing – incorporate details from the lectures as
necessary IV. Conclusion
A. Explain how this issue is still relevant in twenty first century America
● All papers should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt font
● All papers should have 1-inch margins
● All papers should include a cover page that includes the student’s name, G#, and paper title
(this page does not count toward your page count)
● The comparison paper should be 2-3 pages in length (double-spaced)
● All sources should be cited in Footnotes
○ To add a footnote in Word go to “References” > “Insert Footnote’
○ To add a footnote in Google Docs go to “Insert” > “Footnote”
○ The Chicago Style citations above can be pasted directly into footnotes
● A minimum of 4 direct quotes from assigned sources must be used to support your argument
● Any student caught plagiarizing any portion of their essay will automatically receive a zero for
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.