Word count 2500 words – please use APA referencing style for references
Details of the task
In CW1, you have been asked to prepare a report for the manager of a new hedge fund detailing at least two types of technical indicators. CW2 is mainly about improving such technical indicators and back testing your trading idea with the historical data. Using one of the following three asset classes, i) Stocks which can include indices, ii) Currencies or iii) Commodities, you’ll be asked to test a short term investment strategy for a single or portfolio of at least 3 assets. In either case, use an initial capital of $10 million or equivalent in another currency.
1. [10 pts] Write an executive summary about backtesting with a discussion on potential drawbacks and importance of this approach for algorithmic trading.
2. [20 pts] Explain your strategy and technical indicator in details. The coursework should encompass the selection and rationale behind the strategy. Please note that you are required to use of the indicators covered during the lectures.
3. [10 pts] Describe your daily dataset, which you should obtain from sources such Bloomberg, or Capital IQ, and explain any pre- processing you have done and how you have cleaned it.
4. [10 pts] Describe your steps how to backtest the strategy over a previous period of last 12 months.
5. [25 pts] Present your findings on backtesting which must include an estimate of trading costs. Note that you will be using past 12 months of daily data for backtesting but your strategy must also be tested on a forthcoming daily or weekly period (out-of-sample test) in April or May 2018. Demonstrate how you have tried to optimise the strategy for performance and why you believe that the strategy is not over-fitted.
6. [15 pts] Compare your chosen indicator with another similar indicator. Show how you have tried to minimise trading costs. Present your portfolio (or single asset) returns.
7. [10 pts] Give a detailed assessment of the performance of the strategy. Here, plot and show time periods where your strategy is profitable. What do you observe? Explain.
8. [Bonus — Harder — 0 points] Turn your back-testing into a real- time algo strategy which reads data from Yahoo API and makes decision in real-time.
You have been asked to produce a report. It should contain the following:
• Appropriate coversheet
• Title Page, including the given title in full.
• Contents Page
• Main body, which should also be organised under appropriate headings.
• Appendices, which should be numbered.
o Make sure you refer your reader to them as required.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.