Write a 4-5 page analytical paper based on the book Twelve Years A Slave by Solomon Northup. Use specific examples from the book to support your argument, and cite the quotes and information you use either with footnotes or with parenthetical notes (Author, p.#) to indicate where you found your evidence.
Imagine that you are an abolitionist living in Lorain, Ohio in 1853. You just bought and read a copy of Solomon Northup’s Twelve Years A Slave. Write a letter to a fellow abolitionist, Dr. Hendricks of Cooperstown, New York, to explain to him why you are excited about the book and how Northup’s experiences as a slave validate the abolitionist critique of slavery.
In order to do this, you will need to use the book and must use examples from The Primary Documents from “Digital History” (which I will link below) to establish exactly why abolitionists are against slavery, and then use specific examples from Northup’s book that demonstrate how his experiences support the abolitionists’ arguments against slavery. To do so, you will have to clearly define why abolitionists believe slavery to be an evil institution that needs to be eradicated. Remember that their perspective is connected to the logic that underpinned other moral reform efforts.
In formulating your critique, be sure to look beyond the issue of cruelty and explore Northup’s broader critique of how slavery corrupted southern society. In what ways does he play to the cultural and political beliefs of the northern middle class? In what ways does southern society violate the values of the northern middle class?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.