Policy Paper assignment
Write a Policy Paper that makes a specific policy recommendation for some element of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP). The paper should be addressed to Canada’s Minister for International Cooperation. You will adopt the position of a ‘policy analyst’ for the (imaginary) Winnipeg University Institute for a Just World (WUIJW), and address one or more of the action priorities of the FIAP (generally, or in relation to a specific country/region). The 6 action priorities can be found on the link attached at the end. Your policy position can be drawn or synthesized from policy positions from a range of Canadian or international organizations active in international development policy advocacy.
Possible organizations (but you may research and draw on other sources as well):
KAIROS or another Canadian development NGO that has an advocacy unit.
Can. Defence and Foreign Affairs Institute (CDFAI)
Can. Int’l Development Platform (CIDPNSI)
Better Canada Institute
Canadian Global Affairs Institute
Some specific issues with these six action areas might include:
How to budget/generate of greater levels of ODA (for individual or all the six priority action areas.
How to better align/strengthen any of these priorities with the Sustainable Development Goals .
How to measure success in any of these priorities How to make the FIAP adopted appropriate, sufficient, consistent with other commitments and recipient country priorities.
How to improve/integrate/align Canada’s commitments for climate finance with its international assistance commitments in the action area of ‘environment’.
How to increase coherence between the Growth action area and Canada’s trade promotion policies.
How to improve the incorporation of diplomatic (non-aid) initiatives with aid activities that promote human rights and human dignity.
How to improve the empowerment of women and girls in programming in health and reproductive rights, education Note that all of these topics focus on policy recommendations – how to change, improve, revise the existing policy. Just analyzing or critiquing the existing policy is not enough – the policy paper needs to propose specific actions/changes in policy.
Step Two: Policy Position/Paper Outline. An outline of the paper, consisting of the opening paragraph (which sets the topic, its importance, and the core of the policy position) and a bibliography of at least five sources. Research the institution you are representing, and its documents and policies. Research other institutions’ positions on this issue. Prepare a outline (~300-400 words) which describes your policy issue, the acting development agency, a tentative thesis statement / preliminary policy recommendation, PLUS a working bibliography (8-10 scholarly/social science sources, i.e. academic or policy journal articles, books, or government or international institution documents).
Canadas FIAP: https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/issues…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.