WRTG 393 students, Writing assignment #2 will be a set of instructions or procedures. For this assignment, you will have two options: -an instruction manual for a product or process -a manual for an organization An instruction manual for a product or process o Instruction manuals explain to readers how to operate something or make something. o Helpful resources “Instructions, procedures, and policies,” a chapter from Tebeaux and Dragga in eReserves Jerz’s literacy page features a fine set of tips on writing instructions. Please click here to view the site. David McMurrey has a very helpful website on writing instructions. Please click here to view the webpage. Wikibooks has an excellent guide to writing instructions. Please click here to view the site. A manual for an organization o Manuals are written for employees in an organization. They serve as a reference for the employees, and they often can serve to protect the organization. Manuals of this nature outline policies and regulations. Topics on which manuals can be written include the following: Break times and lunch periods throughout the day Dress codes Sick time and vacation policies o Helpful resources “Instructions, procedures, and policies,” a chapter from Tebeaux and Dragga in eReserves Writing Revisable Manuals Requirements The instructions will include the following sections: Title Page Overview or Introduction Equipment and materials needed (as appropriate) Definitions (as appropriate) Instructions o provide a graphic for steps of the instructions that need a graphic o at least three graphics should be original o graphics borrowed from other sources need to be cited in APA format o all graphics should be labeled Warnings or statements of caution (as appropriate) Overall, chapter 10 from Tebeaux and Dragga should be read thoroughly as you begin this assignment. Different types of instructions call for different strategies. The chapter from Tebeaux and Dragga is an excellent resource in guiding your approach. Other helpful guides on writing instructions: The Tech Writing Handbook by Dozuki, which is one of the resources listed in our class, has the following: o an appendix that provides tips in writing instructions and incorporating graphics into instructions. o chapter 6, “Photographing the process.” o chapter 7, “Using Other Visuals.” The Mayfield Handbook, which is also one of the resources listed in our class, features excellent tips on writing instructions. o Section 2.8.3 of the handbook, Instructions and Procedures, will be particularly helpful. Examples of instruction manuals for you to look at: o an example of an instruction manual on setting up a VPN o a video instruction on swimming. Note how the author lists the equipment and then proceeds to mention the steps involved. The video is over 10 minutes long. You might just take a look at the first couple of minutes to see how he lists the equipment and then proceeds to the steps. Length: There is no minimum or maximum number of words for this assignment. Your goal is to write coherent, well designed instructions for a user. Due Date: The instructor will post the due date. Keep in mind that this will be a draft. It can be a very rough draft or incomplete draft if you do not have a polished product yet. You will receive comments from me on this assignment. You will submit a final draft of the assignment into the assignment folder after receiving my comments on your first draft.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.