Your reading response will be a critical reading of one of the academic journal articles/book chapters in the list below. These are selected from the required reading material for this course. You will be responsible for reading these articles. There will not be lectures on them. I am going to set up discussion forums for these articles. You are welcome to post your questions and comments on the understanding, and critical analysis of issues of the articles. I’d be happy to join your discussions too. I recommend that you start reading and engaging with the articles asap. Your reading response will be a summary and critical review of the article. It should include the following (not necessarily in the order of the list below):
1) The thesis statement/argument of the article.
2) Key evidence used to support the argument.
3) Key quotes from the article. (What’s the significance of the quotes?)
4) Definition of key concepts.
5) Background information on the author if you could find any.
6) A summary of the main points.
7) Reflections and critical engagement with key issues in the article.
8) Bibliographical reference at the end of your paper, and in-text citation for your quotations from the article.
List of Articles for your Reading Response:
1) “Moral Cultivation, Filial Piety, and the Good Society in Classical Confucian Philosophy.” Book chapter in Families of Virtue: Confucian and Western Views on Childhood Development, by Erin M. Cline, Columbia University Press, New York, 2015, pp. 3–39.
2) Liu Xiaogan, “Non-Action and the Environment Today: A Conceptual and Applied Study of Laozi’s Philosophy,” pp. 315-339. In Girardot, N J, James Miller, and Xiaogan Liu. Daoism and Ecology: Ways Within a Cosmic Landscape. 2007.
3) Zhang, Jie. “Marriage and Suicide among Chinese Rural Young Women.” Social Forces, vol. 89, no. 1, 2010, pp. 311–326.
all requirements are included in document 2
the document 1 is one of those articles you can choose
I can’t find the other 2 articles, if you want to pick the other 2 articles, you need to find it on the internet.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.